Waste Management Residential Automated Side Loader Driver - $2000 Special Bonus in ALBERTA, Canada
Title: Residential Automated Side Loader Driver - $2000 Special Bonus
Job Number: 18003998
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industryleader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has thelargest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads inCNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in NorthAmerica. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, andCanada.
When you drive for Waste Management, you join ateam of the best drivers in the nation - professional, well trained, andskilled. Our drivers work hard and drive safe. They know they are valuedfront-line team members who are the key in making Waste Management number onein the industry. They are rewarded with competitive pay, great benefits,opportunity for growth, and they are home at night and on the weekends.
Starting Wage: $23.00/hour
I. Job Summary
Safely operates an automated side loader truck to performassigned duties onresidentialroutes.
II. Essential Dutiesand Responsibilitiesincludethe following. To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily.Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements as well as all local, provincial, and federal requirements and Company expectations for the Fleet; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report); notes all issues on DVIR form for corrective review/repair.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service calls to Route Manager or Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and meetings as required by Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch or Route Manager of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests or issues to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits customer tickets when excess yardage must be removed.
- Positions containers on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids are properly replaced, containers are set in an upright position, and containers do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualificationsnecessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: 1 year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a Class 3 or higher license or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
- Hold a current Class 3 or higher license with an air-brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Acceptabledriving record required.
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regardingenvironmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc)most of the work day;
- Requiredto exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 poundsfrequently; Note: The level of physical effort may vary fromsite to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc)rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elementsmost of the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is:outdoors and/or driving a vehicle.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on Pension, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
**This position is eligible for the 2018 Special Bonus of $2000. Thisbonus is paid after completion of one year of service with WM.**
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Job Field: Operations