HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist PRN in Alexandria, Louisiana
Rapides Regional Medical Center – Alexandria, LA
Thinking of relocating to peaceful Alexandria, La? Check out all there is to do: http://alexandriapinevillela.com/
About Rapides Regional Medical Center Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328 beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
_Rapides Regional Medical Center is currently hiring a Phlebotomist_.
Each phlebotomist, under general supervision, is responsible for collection, transportation, processing, and aliquoting of specimens, limited testing procedures and computer data entry. Receiving of specimens collected by non-laboratory personnel and operation and maintenance of the MPA is also a requirement of this position. Specimens collected and/or handled by phlebotomists include blood and all forms of bodily fluids. This includes all in house departmental testing as well as those that are processed and sent to a reference laboratory. They may also train and supervise students. This position involves all age populations. This position reports to the departmental unit coordinator and/or the departmental Technical Supervisor.
Primary Job Duties: * Assures accurate identification of all patients and specimens. * Collects blood specimens by venipuncture or capillary puncture using age specific criteria guidelines while following correct policy and procedures requirements. Some phlebotomist perform arterial puncture. * Demonstrate the ability to assess and determine specimen integrity. * Transports specimens using correct requirements (i.e. refrigerate, room temp, frozen, protect from light, etc.). * Process and prepare specimens and deliver to correct laboratory departments for testing in a timely manner. * Prepare specimens for transport to appropriate reference laboratories. * Competent operation of Laboratory Information System to include: admission of patients, ordering tests, printing labels, collection time and received time entry, uncollected logs, send out logs, etc. * Maintain and apply knowledge of Ethics and Compliance Standards. * Adheres to the laboratory’s quality control policies, properly documenting quality control activities or any discrepancies, recording and reporting corrective actions. * Demonstrates competency in operation of equipment and documents daily maintenance on required equipment. * Sets priorities appropriately, completes tasks with thoroughness, within the allotted time frame and with appropriate follow though to achieve maximum productivity. * Consistently uses good judgement and problem solving skills to assess the situation, consider alternatives and choose the appropriate course of action. * Identifies and investigates processes that can be improved and uses FOCUS-PDCA to work toward improving these processes. * Maintains confidentiality of all patients. * Assumes responsibility for continuing education and professional development to maintain certification and/or license appropriate for assigned duties. * Acts as laboratory representative to all patients and hospital staff by exhibiting good personal relationship and communication skills and provides patient education as appropriate. * Participates in training and orientation of all students and new employees. * Orders and maintains supplies to maintain necessary inventory while staying within budget requirements. * Demonstrates adherence to the principles of safety and infection control. * Acts as reference/information source for areas outside the lab regarding specimen collection procedures. * May perform registrations and sample collections in outpatient clinic settings. This involves demographics, insurances, medical necessity, and other related items in addition to phlebotomy duties.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Completion of a Phlebotomy Training Program/School or equivalent on-the-job training/work experience
* CPR for Healthcare Providers obtained within 30 days of hire
_ *_Organizational Expectations_:_*
* Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Rapides Regional Medical Center’s values which are:
o Works with an attitude ofSERVICE
o PromotesTEAMWORKwithin the department and the organization
o ExhibitsACCOUNTABILITYand responsibility in the performance of the job
o ExhibitsRESPECTto self and others
o Demonstrates an attitude ofSAFETYin all tasks, job duties and responsibilities
* Performance Improvement/CQI Principles are consistently demonstrated in the performance of assigned duties. * Attendance records reflect a punctual, dependable and responsible employee. * Demonstrates adherence to the principles of safety and infection control. * Appropriately handles all information including confidential information. * Strives to anticipate and exceed expectations of their customers as demonstrated by positive customer comments and management observation. * Communicates in a clear, courteous manner, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills. * Utilizes medical center property and resources effectively and efficiently. * Willingly accepts and performs all assigned duties. * Reflects RRMC values and sensitivity to RRMC’s ethical and compliance principles and the Code of Conduct in the daily activities. * The employee demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct. * Demonstrates Support for patient rights in day-to-day interactions.
Title: Phlebotomist PRN
Location: Louisiana-Alexandria-Rapides Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02348-10363