Hilton Complex General Manager - Embassy Suites/Hilton Garden Inn Alexandria Old Town in Alexandria, Virginia
A Complex General Manager with Hilton is responsible formanaging daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel'scontinuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financialprofitability.
Embassy Suites Alexandria
Discover the contemporary look ofour renovated Embasssy Suites by Hilton Alexandria Old Town. Our all-suitehotel is across the street from the King Street metro station, providingeasy access to Washington, DC. Our ideal Old Town Alexandria location isperfect to enjoy waterfront dining, boutique shopping, and 18th- and19th-century architecture. Explore Old Town Alexandria via the free King Streettrolley or take the nearby water taxi to enjoy the day in DC or NationalHarbor.
Relax in a spacious two-room suitewith a private bedroom and a separate living room with a sofa bed, perfect forfamilies or business travelers. Each suite features two flat-screen TVs, arefrigerator, microwave, wet bar, and multi-purpose dining and worktable. Stay fit with complimentary access to our fitness center, or relaxin our heated indoor pool and whirlpool.
Our hotel in Alexandria, VA providesa free cooked-to-order breakfast with hot and cold items such as eggs,signature custom omelets, pancakes, cereal, fruit and pastries. Unwind with acocktail and snack at our complimentary Evening Reception*, and then savorMediterranean cuisine at our Alexandria hotel's restaurant, Caprese.
Plan your business meeting, weddingor special event in rooms that offer up to 2,484 sq. ft. of event space. Inaddition to our 24-hour Embassy BusinessLink™ Business Center, our hotel inAlexandria, VA features A/V equipment rental and high-tech amenities.
HiltonGarden Inn Alexandria
Set in the beautifully preservedhistoric district of Old Town Alexandria, Hilton Garden Inn Alexandria Old Townis located just two blocks from the King Street Metro station, offering easyaccess to Washington, D.C. and Reagan National Airport. Catch the free Old TownTrolley for a pleasurable trip down King Street in Old Town Alexandria. Soak upthe sunshine on Alexandria’s scenic waterfront or sample a locally brewed craftbeer at the Port City Brewing Company. Enjoy fantastic retail opportunitiesclose by, ranging from international brand name stores and chic boutiques, togourmet food shops and antiques galleries.
Each of the spacious guest rooms atthis hotel in Alexandria, Virginia, offer a mini-refrigerator, a microwave andcomplimentary WiFi. Enjoy lovely views of the hotel’s rooftop terrace as youexercise in the complimentary 24-hour fitness center. Unwind with a beer or acocktail, before enjoying American classics in the Garden Grille & Bar,which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Buy snacks and essentials 24/7in the Pavilion Pantry®. Put last minute touches to your presentation in thecomplimentary 24-hour business center, and hold a meeting, training event orintimate wedding in our 603 sq.ft. meeting room.
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you would be responsible for managing daily hoteloperations and providing overall leadership in the hotel's continuing effort todeliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically,you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the higheststandards:
- Lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive team, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly the excutive team and department heads, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
What are we looking for?
- 3 years of General Manager, Hotel Manager, AGM experience or equivalent managing $15M or greater in revenue
- General Manager experience managing a full service hotel of 250 rooms or greater or Hotel Manager/AGM experience managing a full service hotel of 450 rooms or greater
- Strong understanding of commercial and revenue management strategies
- Proven people leadership with success in building strong service cultures
- Prior GM experience
- Hilton brand experience
- Local market experience
Since being founded in 1919, HiltonWorldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, HiltonWorldwide remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continuedleadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision,Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
H Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
I Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
L Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
T Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
O Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
N Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstrationof the following key attributes in our Team Members:
- Living the Values
- Customer Focus
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and, depending uponeligibility, a vacation or Paid Time Off (PTO) benefit. You will instantly haveaccess to our unique benefits such as the Team Member and Family TravelProgram, which provides reduced hotel room rates at many of our hotels for youand your family, plus discounts on products and services offered by HiltonWorldwide and its partners. After 90 days you may enroll in Hilton Worldwide'sHealth & Welfare benefit plans, depending on eligibility. Hilton Worldwidealso offers eligible team members a 401K Savings Plan, as well as EmployeeAssistance and Educational Assistance Programs. We look forward to reviewingwith you the specific benefits you would receive as a Hilton Worldwide TeamMember. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefitsoffered to most full-time team members in the United States. All benefitslisted may not be offered at all locations. This is not a summary plandescription or official plan document.
Job: General Manager/Hotel Manager
Title: Complex General Manager - Embassy Suites/Hilton Garden Inn Alexandria Old Town
Requisition ID: HOT05R4R