American Water Sr Analyst Client Technology in Alexandria, Virginia
Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
The Senior Analyst Client Technology is a champion for technology to our customers. This role is responsible for developing and modifying technology strategy that impacts state and divisional operations. We maintain and advocate the needs of our customers while balancing those needs against the tools and technologies that American Water develops. We are agile in our implementation of technology standards and coordinate with our customers to ensure success. We take personal responsibility over our own sites and ensure that the team is providing highest quality support to our customers.
With minimal guidance, responsible for:
Configuring, installing, troubleshooting & providing support for deployed technology.
Advises Level I support on moderate to complex technology issues, incidents & problems.
Provides guidance & direction to Level I support analysts for issues, incidents & problems associated with telephony systems, personal computers, first level LAN/.WAN support & adherence to IT standards including PCs & wiring.
Maintains an accurate inventory of deployed & inventoried equipment for regulatory & budgeting purposes.
Participates in yearly budget forecasting for 5-year planning.
Responsible for executing the capital purchasing plan on a yearly basis.
Supports customer software deployments within a mostly automated SCCM environment.
Maintains desktop software & hardware; supports mobile workforce.
Provides level II support, to IT users for software/ hardware end-user computing & desktop-based LAN systems; escalates malfunctions to level III support when necessary.
Documents problems/ resolutions and maintains asset inventory.
Field Support Responsibilities:
• Provides training, guidance, and mentorship to less experienced technicians analysts.
• Responsible for deploying technological trends and solutions to enhance the enterprises competitive edge.
• Provides maintenance and support for client products, peripherals, servers, mobile devices, networks and physical moves.
• Provides maintenance, installation, and support for client software.
• Configuration, deployment and implementation for new assets and/or lifecycle replacement.
• Applies and enforces all Change Management policies and procedures.
• Provides 24 x 7 after hours technical field support.
• Provides data to assist with root cause analysis process when solving problems and implements solutions that will prevent the problem from reoccurring.
• Work with vendor support for hardware and software resolutions.
• All other duties as assigned
Process Improvement and Documentation:
• Escalates deficiencies in technical processes and inform Management.
• Documents and maintains local software installs and all site surveys.
• Forecasts lifecycle replacement for all hardware and present to Management.
• Performs & audits all asset inventory for assigned locations.
• Keeps all associated inventory data current.
• Identifies all missing assets via cross referencing.
• Completes asset retirements as defined. Participates in the testing/evaluation of new desktop packages & implements prototypes
• Ensures IT standards are being adhered to within their respective regional support areas.
• Documents all non-compliance to standards issues and escalates to ITS Regional Client Manager.
•Strong knowledge and experience related to computer systems, computer peripherals, and technologies.
• Thorough understanding of current Microsoft server and operating system platforms.
• Strong knowledge of various mobile devices (i.e. blackberries, smart phones, LTE hotspots, ruggedized laptops)
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365 suite of applications
• Thorough understanding of wide and local area networks, and associated hardware.
• Knowledge of VoIP and telephony. Ability to configure VOIP phones in Cisco Call Manager preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to absorb and present large amounts of detail through various forms of communications to any level of business users, IT management, or technical role.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational, time management, critical thinking and risk assessment skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, people and people management skills (e.g., listening, coaching, facilitating, tact/diplomacy, employee relations, development, motivation, team building).
• Excellent client relations skills and customer service orientation.
• Must be able to suggest plans to integrate new and existing systems.
• Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a diverse team environment with little to no direct supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate complex discussions in a mixed technical and business team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to meet stringent deadlines
• Minimum of 4 yrs of hands-on, IT experience supporting desktop software/ hardware products and problem solving/troubleshooting.
• Experience providing maintenance and support for moderately complex client products.
• Experience working effectively as a team member with minimal supervision on projects to ensure the high quality of the delivered software/hardware.
• Experience working effectively on multiple projects that have enterprise-wide impact and require subject matter expertise of software/hardware support processes.
• Experience coaching/mentoring desired.
• Experience with the utility industry is desirable, but not required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, information Systems or other related field.
Certifications & Licenses: MCSA or MCITP Windows 7 required ITIL v3 Foundations preferred
Up to 50% travel as required
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
TBD; High-pressure/time sensitive/changing environment.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing*™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants* based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.