Frontier Communications Analyst, Business It, Sr in ALLEN, Texas
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Frontier communications is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst to join our growing IT Portfolio Management/PMO team. This position is responsible for development of business and functional requirements for IT system enhancements that align business goals, IT Initiatives, and technology considerations. This individual works as part of the Project Management Organization to ensure that business needs and plans are integrated with IT project delivery. This position will specifically work on projects supporting the Pega Systems enhancements within Frontier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the business in the development of initial requests for IT services through the IT intake process, including establishment of business justification and ROI.
- Lead feasibility and scope meetings to obtain business and functional requirements.
- Develop use cases and process flows and ensure documentation conforms to SLC/PMO standards.
- Ensure requirements gathering begins with the current state outlined, minimizing time needed to understand the current workflow. Pre-build use cases prior to project kick off to efficiently proceed through the requirements process.
- Gather and document how project success is to be measured.
- Provide input, clarify questions, and review technical specifications, business processes, and recommendation to ensure technical design meets documented business objectives. Have thorough understanding of technical solution design and resulting process changes – focusing on requirements and testing concepts.
- Clarify questions/defects during testing process to ensure project requirements are met: Identify and assess potential scope creep.
- Obtain written approval of final requirements from all stakeholders.
- Follow requirements change request process, updating and distributing revised documents for stakeholder review and approval. Validate and work with Project Manager on changes affecting deliverable/project cost or schedule.
- Work with the business and IT Project Managers to ensure that project requirements are met through the delivery of projects during the project execution and the closedown phases.
- Develop project release notes communicating intended system changes to Release Management and business organizations.
- Suggests areas for improvement in business internal processes along with potential solutions.
- Manage knowledge repositories.
- Able to lead multiple small/medium projects where no Project Manager is assigned. Performs as a Project Coordinator to assist a Project Manager on large projects.
- Works under general supervision and follows standard PMO procedures and practices.
- Identifies and recommends changes to improve PMO processes.
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Customer driven and a team player, with strong interpersonal and customer interface skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, process and detailed oriented, a self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals/results.
- Candidate must excel in communication/presentation skills, both oral and written, and tailor communication to various levels of the organization.
- Ability to interact professionally with diverse group of subject matter experts at various levels within an organization.
- Must be able to work and prioritize in a fast paced changing environment while coordinating multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise project documentation
- Effectively manages client expectations and escalations
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a larger team.
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
- Ability to think logically in solving assigned problems and to present recommendations with clarity in written and graphic form.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior IT Business Analysis experience or experience as a user of IT applications with specific business knowledge within the Telecommunications Industry is desirable
- Prior experience with software delivery, project management, requirements gathering desired.
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.