Frontier Communications IT Reporting Analyst, Entry Level in ALLEN, Texas
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The position will be part of IT data analytics organization with many options for future career growth at Frontier Communications. We are seeking a candidate to perform analytics and build impact visualizations, reports and dashboards in Spotfire. This person will generate insights by conducting extensive analyses of Frontier Communications data. In the process, this person will develop a deep understanding of the telecommunications business, further strengthen their analytic, leadership, and presentation skills, and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within Frontier Communications.
Qualified candidates will graduate or have graduated with their Bachelor's or Master's degree in 2017 or 2018.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Sciences, Business Analytics, Intelligent Systems or related field from an accredited college or university
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Creative and data-savvy. Must be detail-oriented and a fast learner to be successful.
- Participating in resolving technical issues that arise during development.
- Classroom project work in the following areas:
- Experience with RDBMS – Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server etc.
- Reporting and visualization tools – Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview, SQL reporting services.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Prefer data mining and machine learning expertise, Data Warehouse expertise desired.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.