Frontier Communications Lead, It Testing in ALLEN, Texas
Frontier Communications is seeking a Test Lead to join our growing IT QMO team. This position is responsible for coordinating the development of test plans and test cases for our IT system enhancements. This position is also responsible for assisting in assigning test resources to projects, coordinating training, tracking test case creation and execution for projects, communicating testing status to management including critical defects and overall test case execution status. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for coordinating the utilization of automated test scripts.
* *Primary Responsibilities
- Quickly learn the existing application and begin creating a cohesive testing strategy that can improve software releases
- Define an overall test strategy as it pertains to the strategic projects for the assigned system.
- Analyze Business Requirements and Technical Documentation to determine test strategy, write test plans, test cases, and determine testing estimates
- Act as a mentor to other team members in regards to expertise in testing techniques and database and system technologies.
- Prepare test estimates based on requirements and technical design documentation
- Analyze, refine, and transform test cases as applications are created and changed.
- Maintain documentation to improve system knowledge of peers.
- Understand complex integration layers between Frontier systems
- Engage directly with users to gain understanding of business processes to improve testing strategies and future project requirements.
- Debug and trouble shoot applications using necessary tools for different programming languages such as RPG, HTML/XML and SQL
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Able to manage projects, this includes interaction with internal/external customers
- Use SQL to perform validation
Required Software Skills
- Office Tools: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Sharepoint
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, OS/400
- Languages: RPGLE, CLLE, XML, SQL
- Application Skills: HP ALM to manage test cases and defects
- Databases: DB2 for IBM I, Microsoft SQL
Desired Knowledge or Software Skills
- Client/Web Skills: XSLT, JSON, SOAP, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Management Studio
- Languages: Java
- Development Tools: Rational Developer for i, SEU
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
- Telecom knowledge including Products, Service Orders, and Billing
The person should also possess the following traits
- Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Have a “customer-service first” orientation
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.