HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge RN - ER Full Time Days in Anchorage, Alaska
Alaska Regional’s 1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 550 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills – proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part of HCA’s network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country – offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
Alaska boasts incredible scenic beauty, drawing visitors year-round who come for a vacation and end up making Alaska home. Alaskans enjoy all the amenities of an urban lifestyle – including performing arts, museums, cultural activities, shopping and fine dining – while living minutes from outdoor adventures in The Last Frontier.
A Charge RN (CRN) is a highly qualified, expert clinician who possesses advanced care skills and has demonstrated strong critical thinking skills in the face of change, intervention, and crisis. The CRN is supportive and knowledgeable regarding the established Standards of Care/Standards of Practice and hospital policies and procedures. The CRN facilitates interventions to meet patients' physical, psychological, spiritual, social, cultural and educational needs; coordinates functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital in a spirit that fosters positive working relationships. The CRN must be able to respond to the immediate or emergent needs of staffing to augment quality patient care for ARH. The CRN must possess excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills. Serving as role model, mentor, educator, and evaluator in the Critical Care area for the staff is essential.
- Current State of Alaska licensure as an RNrequired.
- Current American Heart Association certification as a BLS, ACLS Healthcare Providerrequired.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursingrequired.
- Minimum one year experience in an intra-operative setting/required./
- Minimum requirement: two years of ER experience required.
- Previous Clinical Resource experiencepreferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skillsrequired.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment and be able to exert up to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Charge RN - ER Full Time Days
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-5865