Chenega Corporation Division Controller II in Anchorage, Alaska
Company Title: Division Controller II
Chenega Title: Division Controller II
Clearance: Background Check
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Reports To: Assistant Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Prepared Date: 07/25/2011
Approved Date: 07/25/2011
Job Code A4R2096 Division Controller II CORP
- The Division Controller II is a corporate employee responsible for overseeing all aspects of the assigned division’s accounting, to include direct supervision of corporate staff and coordination with division financial staff. The incumbent provides direction related to company financial information and accounting procedures, ensures company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements, ensures accurate recording and timely distribution of financial and management information such as financial statements, project reports, variance analysis, etc. This position requires the incumbent to fulfill responsibilities and duties with minimal supervision. Knowledge of government contract accounting is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities : (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
Responsible for all aspects of general ledger accounting, such as monthly journal entries, monthly reconciliations of subsidiary ledgers, monthly bank reconciliations, monthly accruals and reversals, fixed asset accounting, and monthly revenue recognition and analysis.
Review transactions and assist billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable and money management functions when necessary.
Recommend modifications and improvements to existing corporate programs and processes.
Monitor and analyze monthly operating results.
Prepare financial analysis for reports and decision making.
Publish monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and other management reports as needed.
Work with Assistant Controller and/or Corporate Controller to establish and maintain systems and internal controls which verify the integrity of all systems, process and data.
Coordinate information related to company audits and preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies.
Coordinate accounting efforts between various departments and subsidiaries
- Other duties as assigned
- The Division Controller will be responsible for supervising other accounting staff.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in accounting or finance from a four year college or university
Minimum of five or more years related accounting experience
Experience in government contracting preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions_
- Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Ability to work with higher mathematical concepts as needed._
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations._
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/ Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Organization: Chenega Corporation
Strategic Business Unit: Corporate
Security Requirements: Background Check
Job Schedule: Full Time Exempt
Recruiter: Brenda Eickhoff
Req ID: 1900004676
- Chenega Corporation Jobs