WindStream Communications Sr Specialist-Groom Project in Anniston, Alabama
The Network Implementation Specialist will be responsible for tracking, scheduling and coordinating of all aspects of grooming action; from a single circuit to multiple circuits, from equipment decommissioning, to site decommissioning. The Network Implementation Specialist will be the single point of contact throughout the entire grooming action. These action will reduce the company’s cost of doing business.
- Identifying and escalating issues potentially affecting network service.
- Demonstrating uncompromised integrity by acting and communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything done, following the Windstream Core Values & Beliefs as a guide.
- Proficiently coordinates the grooming actions assigned
- Manages escalation activities efficiently and effectively; assists others as needed.
- Routinely participates in special projects related to supporting the team and improving processes.
- Coordinates with various groups (Inside and Outside of our organization)
- Continuously monitors progress of job, including tasks and proactively investigates any deviations
- Keeps all appropriate personnel apprised of status of job, shifts in priorities, existing or perceived problems; deviations from schedule.
- Identify, suggest and implement preventative/corrective actions to improve quality of the groom process.
- Additional responsibilities may be defined as needed; special small projects
Required Skills / Abilities & Competencies * Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. * Proven ability to multi-task utilizing time management and work prioritization skills to properly manage ticket * Basic–level technical competence in a Windows/MAC based environment. * Intermediate working knowledge of Network protocols such as ATM, Ethernet, and SIP. * Intermediate working knowledge of IP routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and STATIC ROUTING. * Intermediate working knowledge of Voice protocols such as CAS, ISDN, SS7 and VoIP * Intermediate working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding, Voice mail and Hunting. * Intermediate working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology * Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customers business needs * Highly organized and strict attention to details. * Self-disciplined; self-starter. * Strong individual worker with ability to also work as part of a team. * Strong computer experience (MS Office, Outlook, Company Software and Web Apps) * Ability to learn new processes quickly. * Able to handle high stress in a professional manner. * Great positive attitude. Be outgoing, engaging, proactive and courteous. * Ability to train peers * Participate in and lead projects as assigned by management. * Must be flexible to work over-time and weekends. * Project Coordination skills preferred. * Clear and effective written and verbal communications skills preferred. * Excellent problem solving abilities. * Basic telecommunications technical knowledge. * Able to gain the trust and respect of a team; provide leadership and guidance. Desired advanced skills * Well versed in optical Ethernet functionality * Familiarity with DWDM, passive and active systems * Ethernet over Sonet services * Ciena/Cyan Z series transport * Cisco ONS transport systems * Infinera experience * Accedian Metro Ethernet familiarity – Metronode/Metronid technologies * L2/L3 VPN * MEF 2.0 * ELAN/ELINE/ETREE * BGP/OSPF/ISIS * Juniper/Cisco Router experience * Provisioning within various voice switches. * Experience working within Metasolve Qualifications:
Minimum Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years’ experience with 4 years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
Preferred Requirements: Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the job; or 7 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Primary Location: *US-Alabama-Anniston
Job Category: *Engineering
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to
Requisition ID: 18003257
Other Locations: United States