HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Accountant in Arlington, Texas
(Work Schedule: Full Time, Days)
Under the supervision of the Controller, performs professional supportive Accounting Functions, as assigned, in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting hospital staff and leaders in a variety of accounting roles and processes, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, and maintenance of the general ledger.
Job duties include:
-Responsible for Accounts Payable processes: including routing invoices to departments for approval, ensuring accurate invoicing, application of appropriate GL coding, and ensuring reasonable accruals for month end
-Responsible for maintaining the Physician Referral Source Payment process for the facility which includes maintenance of the contract log, preparation of the check requests, and 1099 preparation at year end
-Assists with the monthly, quarterly and annual audits as they pertain to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and other key controls
-Reconciles general ledger accounts and resolves accounting issues Timely and accurate reconciliation of balance sheet accounts through compiling appropriate documentation
-Completes month end duties in compliance with HCA Accounting Policy Guidelines and internal control requirements. Includes preparation and posting of journal entries, review of the GL to ensure accuracy, completion of monthly variance analysis reviews, etc.
-Assists in other projects and analysis as assigned
-Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours (Monday through Friday) is an essential job function. Month end, budget and special projects may require different working hours than during normal operating.
-Supports the mission, vision and goals of Medical City Arlington and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times
- Medical City Arlington * is a 382-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. Our team consists of well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 600 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field, BBA and/or BS with minimum of 12 hours of accounting coursework, or 5 years of health care accounting/finance experience in lieu of a degree.
1 years in accounting/finance preferred, preferably in healthcare
- Must be able to work additional hours and weekends when necessary.
- Must be extremely organized and able to meet specific deadlines.
- Ability to work at a fast pace and to prioritize multiple assignments/projects and respond to numerous requests
- Ability to resolve conflicts among staff and to work collaboratively with department director, physicians and other members of the healthcare team
- Ability to ensure operational efficiency
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to exercise self-control and tolerate stress when dealing with multiple requests and/or conflicting demands from multiple customers.
Job: *Finance Acctg Billing Claims & Revenue
Location: Texas-Arlington-Medical City Arlington
Requisition ID: 00015-107368