Accenture Federal - Volume Lead / Senior Technical Writer in Arlington, Virginia
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world’s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast—the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation’s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Serves as lead owner and responsible for the written response of a proposal document or volume. Collaborate with solution architects to develop a compelling storyline that articulates Accenture’s strengths, differentiation and value proposition in context of customer insight. Facilitate development of compliant proposal sections, and, when needed, own creation (via writing) of proposal content.
• Assist and train authors in developing proposal content and graphics
• Support day-to-day proposal management activities for the respective volume(s) in coordination with the Proposal Manager that ensures adherence to work plans, schedules, and milestones
• Assist Proposal Manager in development of annotated outlines for respective volumes
• Prepare and ensure volume responses meet color team expectations at milestone deadlines
• Support resources, coordinate action items from internal reviews, and interact with proposal teams to complete work products to ensure timely completion of activities, and perform quality assurance check
• Coordinate with Graphic Artists to confirm graphic version control
• Assist Proposal Manager to determine production schedule, prepare production-ready files and arrange and oversee proposal production (includes electronic and/or physical copies) in accordance with RFP instructions
• Maintain author folders on proposal SharePoint site
• Ensure content from subject matter experts creates a compelling story and meets all request for proposal (RFP) requirements
• Conduct frequent (often daily) story conferences with authors and SMEs on the proposal content to mature strengths, win themes deafferentation and a detailed explanation i.e. “what” is our solution and “how” it will be implemented
• Lead effort in developing key messaging on Why Accenture that connects with the customer to drive emotion and articulates Accenture’s commitment. To help bring the proposal to life the use of tools may include: NextGenComms,FORM, Digital Studio, others.
• Lead and direct all efforts required to produce the volume as dictated by the RFP and its respective volume requirements
• Continually ready, review, and edit volume sections for compliance in accordance with Section L, M, C and other RFP criteria
• Maintain compliance with requirements, internal Accenture controls, external regulations (e.g., procurement process), and sales methodology
• Provide direction and guidance in solutioning meetings to help ensure the solution meets the RFP requirements
• Lead integration of content from proposal resources; manage and maintain a central document repository to ensure quality control for the ﬁnal volume master copy
Basic Skills and Qualifications:
5+ years’ experience in federal government proposal development and management
5+ years’ experience proposal or technical writing for multi-million $ opportunities
Solid knowledge of developing proposals in response to Federal Request for Proposals (RFPs)
Must be able to understand technical concepts and convey in verbal an written form
Must be able to effectively and simultaneously manage multiple, high volume efforts, while delivering value added and cost-effective proposals/solutions to the requestor
Solid organization skills, detail orientation, and ability to prioritize; Ability to deliver client-ready materials under strict deadline
Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Share Point, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
Superior oral and written communication skills; excellent grammar, writing, and proofreading skills with attention to detail
Strong record of supporting winning proposals
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
- Accenture Jobs