IBM Strategic Sourcing Lead in Armonk, New York
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Better Talent, Faster… That is the mission for IBM US Federal Talent Acquisition Optimization and our effort to reinvent the way the Federal government hires. The Talent Acquisition Strategic Sourcing Lead is key to this effort and is responsible for supporting this mission by collaborating with all program management within the assigned US Federal client portfolio, and Customer Experience Lead to implement innovative talent supply solutions, initiatives, programs, processes and tools. The Strategic Sourcing Lead also participates in the development and implementation of business solutions as a team resource and is responsible for program strategy and training with each team on execution.
· Primary responsibility for leading candidate sourcing strategies and activities for US Federal client(s)
· Design, implement, measure and participate in sourcing strategy plan development, being mindful of regulations regarding federal employment hiring
· Providing strategic guidance, communication, and leadership for client(s) and IBM Operations Management
· Tracking and reporting efficacy of sourcing channels and marketing efforts
· Maintaining and communicating knowledge of latest industry trends to members of the project team
· Collaboration with IBM Talent Acquisition Optimization Commercial and Federal Sourcing Science teams to drive enterprise-level talent supply planning, leveraging various channels and ensuring a targeted talent pipeline is delivered · Assisting in the development of strategic partnerships with job boards, social media, internet, community, college, professional and veteran organization programs that meet portfolio's individual customer hiring needs
· Identify career fairs and other recruiting/branding events around the country to support individual programs as needed · May support projects, events and/or initiatives established to meet hiring needs
· Assisting in gathering information about talent trends to support business requirements
· Proactively leverage sourcing techniques (candidate mining via phone, social media, job boards, etc.) to educate program resources on how to identify, push, and pull qualified candidates in order to meet talent demands
· Prepare data and reporting for client and internal business needs
· Representing IBM Federal Talent & Transformation with external audiences including clients and subcontractors and may be involved in the development and presentation of reports, white papers, case studies, and presentations on topics in the field of Recruitment Process Outsourcing
The preferred location for this position is Herndon, VA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience with Sourcing.
Experience with problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation of talent operations processes and technologies.
Experience driving leading talent practices, innovation, continuous improvement, and quality to work products.
Expert in their domain across the industry.
5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing, two as a lead.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs