Shell Technical Data Management Consultant in Assen, Netherlands
Technical Data Management Consultant
No. of Positions:
Here’s a role where you’ll be a vital part of our digital future. Joining a cutting-edge team, you’ll be bringing your technical expertise and innovative spirit to help drive business success. With every chance to keep developing your skills, both professional and personal.
Where you fit in
You’ll be joining our Technical Data Management and Subsurface and Wells Software Deployment team, which sits within Shell Projects & Technology, with a focus on providing day to day support and guidance on managing the subsurface technical data and ensuring efficient use of software.
Very much a strategic role, you’ll be instrumental in identifying improvements to data management and evolving technical workflows, to make sure we are ready and equipped to meet and harness digitalization transformation over the coming years.
What’s the role?
Primarily, you’ll be helping to manage the business delivery of technical data management support, helping to identify and develop process improvements and optimize our data performance. Along with developing data quality and management tools and techniques.
With wide-ranging responsibilities, on one day you might be providing expert data analyses, solving complex data issues and performing data manipulation. On the next, you might be lending your expert support at a senior level, and mentoring data managers within the geoscience arena.
More specific duties will include:
• Writing and resolving complex queries between multiple data sources.
• Assisting in the creation of automated data flows.
• Providing support and delivery of Geoscience data management workflows.
• Supporting the development of new standards and operational procedures.
An effective and confident communicator, you’ll enthusiastically represent the interests of customers, stakeholders and end users within Geoscience, as well as nurturing strong relationships with specific vendors and suppliers.
Auto req ID:
Technical Information and Data
Country of Work Location:
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries.
Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce.
By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career.
Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What we need from you
We’re keen to speak to men and women with extensive experience as a seismic data manager, seismic data processing and/or geoscientist, with additional proven abilities in seismic technical data. Beyond this, we’d hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
• A degree, diploma, or equivalent professional experience in a relevant technical discipline, for example, Geophysics, Geology, or Petroleum Engineering.
• Expert level programming skills (eg, Perl, SQL, Python, Java) and the ability to easily adopt and apply new technology.
• An awareness of work practices gained through working in the subsurface domain.
• A good understanding of the business applications and tools used within data management, eg, Exploration Archives, Tape Systems / Data Storage Systems, Linux, Magma, (Remote) Tape IO.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
• We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
• We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
• We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
• We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs