Home Depot ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR, SERVICES in Atlanta, Georgia
The Services Accounting team is responsible for the general accounting activities associated with Sales, COGS, and associated compensation at a branch and consolidated level for the Home Depot Interiors, Exteriors, Measurement and Renovation business units. The Accounting Supervisor leads a team of staff and/or senior accountants, establishes and maintains accounting processes, acts as a mentor for direct reports and helps guide associates in developing analytical and reporting skills.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
– Responsible for ensuring assigned accounts are accurate and in compliance with US GAAP and internal accounting policies
– Active participant in accounting processes throughout the month and in the monthly close process including reviewing below items prepared by accounting staff:
Reclassification, accrual, allocation, amortization and other adjusting general ledger entries necessary to close the period
Income Statement and Balance Sheet variance analysis
Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations in compliance with internal policies
Ad-hoc reporting and other requests
– Works with business partners as necessary to achieve desired outcomes
– Takes a leadership role in departmental training and development and is committed to working in a team-oriented environment
– Identifies and owns process improvements from beginning to end
– Collaborates and partners with cross-functional teams including Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Treasury, Payroll, Compensation, Legal, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting
– Responsible for team development and accountability
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Manager Accounting
Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Written and Verbal communications skills
Computer application skills such as Excel, Access, General Ledger, etc
Must be able to multi-task and balance multiple high priority tasks. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.