Comcast Analyst 2, Care Finance in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reports, trends, and opportunities. Maintains journals and ledgers, prepares financial statements, conducts financial studies and coordinates financial projects. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Approves transactions, evaluates opportunities, and makes recommendations regarding project progress and future business
- Analyzes and tracks key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements.
- Performs analysis of financial statement accounts and specific projects, as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Participates with the preparation of month and year-end processes by reviewing actual vs. budget/forecast variances, reviewing financial trends, and making recommendations for accruals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The Analyst will be expected to perform financial analytics and be intellectually curious.
- The role requires someone who is proactive, displays a sense of urgency and can build strong partnerships.
- Key job functions include monthly close, forecast, budgeting, business case analysis, presentation preparations and metric tracking.
- Develops, implements, and updates effective financial and operational information systems to meet current reporting needs and future enhancements.
- Must have proven track record of working with confidential information.
- Premium placed on some history of execution and production in a Corporate FPA or Business Unit Support setting even if one or two years.
- Location is in Atlanta in the new Central HQ at the Battery at SunTrust Park.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer