Farmers Insurance Auto Damage Field Supervisor - Atlanta, GA in Atlanta, Georgia
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
Supervises and directs the adjustment and administration of claims in an assigned area (involving specialization in or any combination of liability, property, or auto physical damage), participates directly in the adjustment of complex or unusual claims.
We are seeking an experience Auto Damage Supervisor for our Atlanta location. Prior experience leading a team of field auto damage estimators is highly preferred. *
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts case reviews and evaluates Claims Representative performance by continuous review of claims statistics, open and closed file evaluations, reinspection, and observation of activities in the field and office.
- Reviews the settlement activity of the Field Claims Office or Claims Service Center to ensure sound systems, service, and security.
- Sets and adjusts claim reserves within authority.
- Responsible for compliance with published company procedures.
- Recommends and carries out programs designed to meet the administrative technical training and overall development needs of all assigned personnel.
- Promotes coordination of Claims and Marketing relationships by instructing agents in methods and procedures of claims handling and by participation in meetings conducted by the Marketing Department.
- Approves and signs expense accounts for assigned personnel and all payments within authority for allo cated adjustment expense on files supervised.
- Maintains communication with competent specialists (for example, doctors, attorneys, and repair facilities) to insure prompt, economical, and professional handling of all types of claims in assigned area.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English)
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Completion of, or actively pursuing a major insurance designation, or actively pursuing insurance related courses.
- Successful completion of technical competency exam (external hires have 90 days to take and pass the exam and should have a minimum of 3 years of prior claims experience), interview and completion of Claims Leadership Development Program required.
- External candidates should have aminimum of three years of prior claims experience. The same time-on-job requirement is preferred for internal candidates.
Special Skill Requirement
Communication Skills Personal Computer Literate Valid driver's license Bondable
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Auto Damage Field Supervisor - Atlanta, GA
Requisition ID: 190009E7