Verizon AWS-Linux Systems Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
What you’ll be doing…VZConnect has an immediate need for an AWS/Linux Systems Engineer to join our growing team within Development Operations. This role will lead the US AWS R&D Operations for this R&D team and help facilitate the deployment maintenance and performance tuning of our award winning SaaS application.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
• 2+ years of proven experience working with Amazon Web Service technologies
• 5+ years of proven experience as Systems Engineer in a Windows/Linux environment
• 5+ years troubleshooting experience on all aspects of the Networking Stack
• 5+ years working in an operating system agnostic infrastructure
• In-depth knowledge and experience in designing and implementing Cloud based infrastructure in AWS
• Proven experience in the automated deployment of infrastructure and services using Cloudformation in AWS
• Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation
Even better if you have:
• A good understanding of the principles/methodologies and tools used in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Opsworks/Chef
• Experience setting up and maintaining AWS Cloudwatch
• Designing and maintaining IAM security policies within AWS
• In-depth knowledge of designing and deploying highly available solutions in AWS using VPC’s and Route53
• Excellent working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Experience automating operational tasks in at least one of the following: Powershell, BASH, Python, Ruby
• Experience of configuration management system based on CHEF, writing cookbooks and recipes
• Monitoring performance, troubleshoot systems problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, patching, collaborating with System Engineers & Architects on optimisation
• Provide on call support for the Development Operations team in an outage situation
• Work as part of the team to ensure projects and goals are delivered to aggressive timelines
• Ongoing maintenance of documentation relating to new and current systems throughout the organisation
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.