McKesson Data Scientist in Atlanta, Georgia
RelayHealth Pharmacy Solutions (RHPS), a McKesson connectivity business, manages the nation’s largest pharmacy network, providing essential healthcare connectivity between more than 50,000 U.S. retail pharmacies and key healthcare stakeholders including physicians, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), government agencies and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Processing more than 17 billion healthcare transactions annually we play a key role in helping all healthcare providers streamline operational efficiency, improve medication accessibility and adherence and deliver value-added, cost effective clinical services that improve patient health and outcomes.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson's RelayHealth Pharmacy division has an opening for a Data Scientist in our Atlanta, GA North Druid Hills office.
The data scientist will support the Sales, Product, Account Management and customers through the use of statistical models and visualizations. The Data Scientist will work closely with the Sales/Account Management and Product teams to understand their challenges and work to help them solve issues using data and interpretation of data. The team member will also be in charge of delivering standard sales models to the sales team. The individual will then build and maintain models that help with the execution and support of the various offerings at RelayHealth. It will be critical for this individual to be highly analytical but also be able to communicate the results and methodology effectively to all levels of the organization
• Develop and Improve current models used in the sales cycle
• Develop new models and visualizations for new products
• Challenge the status quo to drive improvement in processes
• Document processes in the creation of models
• Deliver ad-hoc analysis requests
• Work with Account Management, Sales and Product Management
• Process Sales models
• Manage Government exclusion data investigations
Minimum of 2 years related experience
• Minimum of 2 years of experience using advanced analytical techniques to solve business problems
• SQL Language
• Advanced Microsoft Excel
• Statistics or Mathematics experience
• Data Mining
• Ability to recognize and analyze trends
• Ability to convey requirements to a technical and non-technical audience
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences, from executives who need the big picture to expert peers that want to learn from your work
• Ability to mine unstructured data
Additional Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, to include interviewing internal and external parties including the ability to interview SME's and gather information to develop a solution
• Resourceful and able to troubleshoot problems and work with required groups to resolve problems
• Prepares and manipulates data for use in the development of statistical models
• Handles routine requests/projects and assists with more complex statistical/business/research issues and studies
• Excellent project and time management skills to successfully navigate and complete multiple projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
• Innovative with the ability to conceptualize and develop ideas and vision
• Independent and a self-starter
• Great intuition, curiosity, and skepticism when analyzing data
Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or another relevant area or equivalent experience
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job: Research and Development
Organization: McKesson Rx Tech Solutions
Title: Data Scientist
Requisition ID: 18003327