Verizon Dev Ops Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite ofindustry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms andsolutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success.We hiretop talent and empower them to do their best work.As a division of Verizon, we combine thefun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
o Exploration and constant learning of latest DevOps and cloud based technologies, trends, and best practices. Identify, evaluate, propose, and implement enhancements to DevOps strategy and existing processes
o Design, deploy, and maintain standards, best practices, and processes for production support, incident response and root cause analysis, capacity and performance management, health and security monitoring, disaster recovery, application building, packaging, configuration management, QA, and deployment.
What we’re looking for...
o Core Competencies
· Broad technical background in server, storage, network, cloud, and DevOps areas. Highly energetic focus on constant learning
· Ability to multitask while keeping a strong attention to detail, while maintaining focus on overall objectives and prioritizing efforts accordingly
· Sharp analytical, problem solving, and creative thinking skills. Expert troubleshooting, debugging, and solution design and implementation skills
· Excellent presentation, demonstration, active listening, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be tactful and persuasive, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate technical details to all levels of technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent relationship and partnership building skills with customers, vendors, peers, and upper management, within and across organization boundaries
o Technical Competencies
· Experience designing large scale distributed systems with deep understanding of design impacts on performance, reliability, operations, and security.
· Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and performance tuning at all levels (OS, network, application, database, and network) within large scale distributed systems
· Deep understanding of the TCP/IP, and low level packet/frame architecture, as well as a thorough understanding of the usual network stack technologies and protocols such as Bonding/Trunking, SSL/TLS, SNAT/DNAT/PNAT/Bridging, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, VLAN/VXLAN, IGMP/PIM, MPLS
· Experience in shell scripting/programming skills, systems provisioning, automation, and configuration management tools
· Solid understanding of self-healing/immutable microservice based architectures, cloud platforms, networking technologies, multi-tenant application/database/storage technologies
· Aptitude for learning technical concepts, skills, and systems quickly
· Comfortable exploring the unknown
· Familiarity with DevOps ecosystem, expertise within many areas:
o System Provisioning/Automation/Configuration
· ipmi, redfish, iLO/DRAC, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, iptables/UFW/netfilter
o Operating Systems
· CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian
o Cluster/Container/Cloud Orchestration
· Docker Swarm
o Service Registration/Discovery
· Consul, Registrator
· Atlassian stack (JIRA/Confluence/Bamboo/Stash/HipChat/etc), GitHub/GitLab Issues/Pages, Kanboard, Redmine, Markdown/Jekyll, Mattermost/Rocket.chat
o Source Code Management
· git, Stash, GitHub, GitLab
o Performance/Load/Stress Testing
· JMeter, ab, httperf, gatling
o Monitoring/Log Management
· Sensu, Nagios, Zabbix, Zenoss, Splunk, elastic search/logstash/Kibana (ELK), rsyslog, syslog-ng
Keywords: Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.