Verizon Full Stack Engineer II in Atlanta, Georgia
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
What you’ll be doing…
Be a part of the rapidly growing SaaS industry, as you work alongside some of the sharpest minds in SaaS software and mobile app development. Our engineering teams take advantage of the latest technologies to design, build and test solutions that are literally transforming connected vehicle and mobile workforces around the world. We are looking for an outstanding Software Developer to help tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead. This is an opportunity to develop high-profile elements of the Connect Car architecture, build systems at scale, leverage open source and cloud technologies, and seek challenging and business-impacting projects for the team to tackle.
Working at Verizon Connect is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of the connected world on the go!
• Design and develop high quality, high performance, low latency large-scale platform, services and libraries.
• Work on full stack development both client (iOS, Android, and embedded devices) and server side elements.
• Develop a deep understanding of the relevant business areas and components in the stack.
• Contribute to and take ownership of a component in the stack.
• Effectively communicate, partner with, and execute cross-functional projects.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
• 5+ years of experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to testing to production deployment and maintenance
• 3+ years of hands on proficiency in developing code in Java, Go, and C
• 2+ years of hands on experience working with IoT/embedded devices
• Strong communication skills, specifically with explaining technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Familiarity with one or more common web frameworks such as the Spring Boot or Play framework.
• Comfortable working on Linux-based systems.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• BS in Computer Science, Electronics & Computer Engineering, or Telecommunications (or equivalent)
Even better if you have:
• Experience with AWS, Docker Swarm, and Jenkins/Travis CI/GitLab-CI
• Messaging using Kafka, MQTT, or RabbitMQ
• Solid understanding of embedded device and cloud native application architectures such as microservices and twelve-factor applications.
Keywords: Telematics, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.