Norfolk Southern Group Manager Marketing in Atlanta, Georgia
*This position will temoporarily reside in Norfolk, VA until it permanently relocates to Atlanta, GA in summer 2021*
Norfolk Southern is Reimagining Possible, looking at old challenges in new ways – and turning challenges into opportunities in all aspects of business to serve customers better, operate more efficiently, and drive growth. As we Reimagine Possible, we are building a railroad for tomorrow and for years to come.
The Marketing Division implements market and pricing plans to meet revenue growth objectives. We are currently seeking Group Managers for our Coal, Industrial Products (Agriculture, Chemicals, Forest Products, Metals & Construction), and Intermodal & Automotive teams.
Members of this team will:
• Use analytical techniques to determine potential market opportunities for NS.
• Apply knowledge of data analysis to drive optimal business outcomes for NS.
• Ensure an exceptional customer experience.
Key Responsibilities of the Group Manager:
• Responsible for implementing marketing efforts to meet revenue growth targets for assigned commodities, markets, and customers.
• Supervise Market Managers who are assigned responsibility for commodities, markets, and customers.
• Implement sales efforts for assigned customer accounts. Lead price and contract negotiations with assigned customers.
• Develop and implement public pricing and tariffs for specific markets.
• Assist in developing volume, revenue, and revenue per unit forecasts. Assist with capital expense budgets as necessary.
• Manage business projects that fulfill customer needs, support NS operational and commercial strategies, and maximize contribution for NS.
• Work with internal stakeholders to ensure processes work as designed to produce and protect a superior service product.
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum Level: 3-5 years
Preferred Level: 5-8 years
Preferred Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Major: Business
Skills and Abilities:
• Planning & Organizing
• Analytical Thinking
Norfolk Southern Corporation(NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500route milesin 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern is a major transporter of industrial products, including chemicals, agriculture, and metals and construction materials. In addition, the railroad operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a principal carrier of coal, automobiles, and automotive parts.
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.