Norfolk Southern Manager Information System SAP in Atlanta, Georgia
Essential Job Functions:
• Establish, maintain, and strengthen trusted partnership with assigned business partners.
• Work with multiple departments and business units to understand business objectives, pain points, and areas for improvement; and translate those items into technology projects and programs to improve business performance while maintaining alignment with overarching roadmap and team capabilities and capacities.
• Enable assigned business functions with SAP capabilities and team resources to optimally improve and support business functions with standard (minimally customized) SAP functionalities.
• Define and develop the assigned portion of the SAP Roadmap to meet anticipated business needs while remaining consistent with overall direction.
• Lead the RFP/SOW effort: authorship, selection, business partner engagement/participation, and managing vendor competitors through the process.
• Manage vendors selected to perform project work: adherence to SOW commitments, schedule and budget performance, compliance with internal NS standards, practices, and tools/templates, and invoice control.
• Lead, manage, motivate, and develop a professional team of employees. Maintain discipline and collegiality, integrate with other groups, and ensure standards are followed.
• Perform managerial functions: select new hires, oversee work, coach, conduct performance management and development, approve and process travel and expense requests, provide direction to the team, and resolve conflicts.
• Business Process Expertise: Source to Settle / Procure to Pay (PTP) and integration with Finance/Accounts Payable, HCM/HR and EAM
• 10 plus years of hands on experience working with SAP ECC, SRM, Ariba in business process analysis, systems analysis and design, and technical/functional solutions delivery.
• Experience with S/4 and integration with SaaS /Cloud Solutions (e.g. Ariba, Fieldglass) would be highly desirable
• At least 5 years hands-on experience in application development, support or technical infrastructure operations
• Experience in leading small to medium sized teams (5 – 10 people) and/or complex programs
• Experience both in a consulting environment and in an internal managerial role
• “Asset intensive” industry (e.g. Transportation, Utilities, Oil & Gas) experience will be highly valuable.
• Tools expertise includes HP ALM, SolMan, MS Project, process modeling tools (e.g. ARIS, Visio)
• Leadership (ability to create vision, inspiration, and motivation)
• Communication: spoken, written, presentation, listening skills; all levels – individual contributor to senior leadership
• Ability to use business (non-technical) language to demonstrate subject knowledge and to explain technical concepts and requirements
• Ability to identify and develop talent
• Tactical Crisis Management
• Planning and Organization
• A demonstrable record of team development and promotion will be considered favorably
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Preferred Majors/Level:
o Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
o MBA or other Master’s Degree
• Preferred certifications: SAP, PMP, Six Sigma
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0 - 2 Days per Month,
Norfolk Southern Corporation(NYSE: NSC) is one of the nation’s premier transportation companies. Its Norfolk Southern Railway Company subsidiary operates approximately 19,500route milesin 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal, automotive, and industrial products.
We are a team of more than 27,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as "The Thoroughbred of Transportation". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.