Eaton Corporation Powder Coater - Weekend Shift in Aurora, Colorado
Eaton has a weekend shift opening for a Powder Coater in Aurora, CO.
The primary function of the Paintline Operator 2 is prepare parts for the automatic conveyor line for the powder coating process.
· Interpret blueprints and production orders
· Verify material requirements and quantities to B.O.M. specifications.
· Report any shortages, B.O.M. discrepancies and substitutions immediately to Lead/Supervisor.
· Identify correct method to hang part from the automatic conveyor to achieve maximum powder coat coverage, minimize washline residue, and keep parts within specified windows for the powder booth.
· Utilize appropriate hooks and jigs dependent on the parts being hung.
· Remove parts from the automated line and prepare for material movement that maximizes safety and quality.
· Properly maintain equipment in accordance with TPM (total productive maintenance) requirements.
· Reports any machine malfunctions, defective parts or safety hazards.
· Aid in preventative maintenance activities.
· Know and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules.
· Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention.
· Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
· Adhere to 5S+ standards and requirements for proper area maintenance.
· Effectively train and mentor others on all of the duties above.
· Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice.
· Ability to work overtime.
· Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
· Attention to detail and adaptability.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
· Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
· Technical aptitude
· Ability to distinguish between colors
· Ability and willingness to train and mentor others.
· Leads by example.
· High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum 1 year of powder coat experience within a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment or minimum 6 month’s experience with Eaton (must meet essential duties and primary functions listed above).
· Must be able to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
· Only candidates in the geographic area of Denver will be considered. Relocation benefits are not provided for this position.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
· Prior experience operating on an automated powder coating line or paint line
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.