Oracle Principal Technical Program Manager-Cloud engineering in Aurora, Colorado
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
You will work as part of Oracle's Cloud Engineering team to work with our customers on migration strategies to move workloads to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). You will work with internal Oracle Cloud offering teams, including Cloud Architects, Deep Cloud Technology Specialists, Product Management, Development, and Sales to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient production cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of OCI services. In collaboration with sales and cloud engineering team, you will drive revenue and consumption growth in the top 300 accounts, helping them to accelerate adoption of OCI – e.g Compute, Storage, Network, Containers, Monitoring, Security – and successfully migrate applications from on premise or cloud deployments to OCI services.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
• In partnership with the sales and cloud engineering teams, formulate and execute an implementation strategy to migrate customer applications from on-prem or cloud deployments to OCI services, design and deliver new features, update existing application features to custom applications in OCI
• As a trusted customer advocate, you will help customers understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to implment production workloads to the cloud
• Working with the sales engineering team and development to develop a production architecture to implement applications SDLC from development all the way to production environments on OCI
• Work with customers to develop a Production plan to deploy application(s) to production on OCI, tracking and reporting progress to key stake holders. Work with CxO and VP levels to align Prod deployment plan to meeting business goals and timelines
• Coordinate the work activities of Cloud Engineers to complete tasks identified in the Project Plan
• Develop an enablement plan to transfer knowledge to customers on best practices to install, configure and manage OCI services
• Act as a technical liaison between customers and internal teams – Sales, Solution Architects, Cloud Engineers, Product Development and Support
• Develop a deep expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud platform
• Help lead and generate excitement and usage of Oracle Cloud services across various customer/partners segments
• Passion: Working with various customers: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world
• 5 years of Technical Project Management experience coordinating activities of a virtual team, sales and pre-sales engineers
• 3 years of experience owning or at least been involved in the platforming choices and decisions having been through the on-premise to Cloud journey.
• Experience migrating to or architecting micro-services cloud solutions and/or containers or has built such green-field “cloud native” applications desirable
• Experience building or migrating SaaS applications and/or PaaS cloud services on any popular platform e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce
• Experience migrating IP from on-premise to the cloud and/or experience architecting and developing a next generation SaaS offering
• Experience with Terraform, Hudson, Chef, Puppet, and/or scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc.) scripting application deployments into cloud platforms (i.e. orchestration)
• Experience with Agile methodology, using industry standard cloud development practices and dev/ops tooling
• Strong speaking and presentation skills - formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations
• Technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical interface between Oracle Cloud teams and partner
• 4-year, “nice to have”: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
• Willingness to travel up to 50% and ability to work autonomously is highly desired
• Advanced degree highly desirable,
• PMP or equivalent certification is highly desirable
• Current Cloud Architect certification (Oracle, AWS, Azure, Google, etc.) preferred
Job: *Product Development
Title: Principal Technical Program Manager-Cloud engineering
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000WNB
- Oracle Jobs