Thermo Fisher Scientific Applications Scientist,GC/MS in Austin, Texas
Job Title: Field Applications Scientist
Location: Austin, TX preferred
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are seeking an experienced Field Applications Scientist to join the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Center of Excellence team. This person will be involved in pre and post-sales support for the development and implementation of customer applications for Gas Chromatography and Gas Chromatography Mass Spec with a focus on the Oil and Gas Industry.
The primary functions of the position will include:
• Focus on the delivery of pre-sales technical application support to the regional sales team as well as nationally(North America and Canada) for the Energy (Oil & Gas), Petrochemical and specialty gas segments markets.
• Team with individual sales professionals to identify and nurture new or target accounts, departments, key influencers according as required per sales plans.
• Provide front line post sale technical support regionally as well as nationally (North America and Canada)
• Attendance and participation at select seminars, trade shows and technical conferences.
• Help establish and keep a reference list on a regional basis for GC and GC/MS.
• Assist sales in the technical response and support with quotes, Bids and RFQs
• Maintain a similar level of knowledge on our competitors’ product portfolio and positioning
• Perform qualified hardware and software product demonstrations with GC and GC/MS based systems to help sales professionals obtain orders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• A comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice of GC, GC/MS
• Prior experience working for an analytical instruments/system manufacturer a plus
• Prior experience in preparing and delivering technical papers or seminars
• Strong oral (public speaking) and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Proven ability to successfully work independently
• BS degree in Chemistry or relevant science discipline (required)
• MS or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or relevant science discipline (desired)
• Prior experience providing pre-sales support and customer post sales support is a plus.
• Gas chromatography application knowledge and experience in the Energy (Oil & Gas), Petrochemical and specialty gas segments
• 3+ yrs of extensive operational experience in GC and/or GC/MS systems (required)
• Practical experience with Ion Trap, Single Quadrupole and/or Triple Quadrupole
• Willingness to travel up to 75%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/eeo-affirmative-action-statement#accessibility for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.