HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Billing Data Analyst - Surgery Department in Austin, Texas
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. The 378-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility is dedicated to the highest level of women’s health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, heart and vascular center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery, and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David’s Children’s Hospital. In 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, the hospital earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group. _Position Summary_ The OR Clinical Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting the OR staff in the optimal use of the computer system applications. This includes coordinating integration of OR systems with internal and external systems, as well as a liaison to other hospital departments including, but not limited to Finance, Supply Chain, Revenue Integrity, and Admitting. Responsible for ensuring data integrity through periodic audits and reviewing/revising policies/procedures in the use of supplied system software. Taking on scheduling responsibilities, such as emails and data sent out to physician offices, tracking scheduling data, and maintaining block schedules. Performs any other job related duties as requested by the Supervisor or Director.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
_Essential Job Responsibilities_Responsible for assisting in surgical revenue cycle; completes billing/charging on a daily basis, creating supply Item Add requests, reconciling ancillary charge reports, and verifies patient profiles while ensuring required documentation is complete. (ref. Stark) Supports hospital staff as requested and coordinates with other departments needs as they interface to OR/PACU nursing/scheduling documentation, (i.e. Admitting, Revenue Integrity, Supply Chain etc.) Works with IT&S staff to coordinate the installation of the computer system for OR documentation in new or reorganized departments of surgical services. Assists Information Services in the coordination of hardware issues and troubleshooting for Surgical Services. Capable of using various computer systems, central scheduling system and office equipment to include but not be limited to: CPCS (Meditech), PAS computer systems and processes, PC knowledge, Microsoft programs such as Outlook and Word, fax machine and electronic fax system, various telephone systems, printers, scanners and/or copiers, web-based tools such as OR Control, and any other system that may be put into use for scheduling. Participates in required continuing education programs and in-services in relation to billing. Answer the telephone and schedules/reschedule/edit procedures per physician request. Assists report analyst in areas needed, such as but not limited to ensuring documentation for reporting purposes is complete. Act as a Team Lead for a specific area or project in the Scheduling department. Such duties may include but are not limited to:
- Act as a resource to other schedulers and/or departments.
- Works on projects to ensure compliance on corporate, company, and departmental metrics (such as CPT-Code, Cancellation Code, and Suspension compliance), and develops action plans to ensure compliance.
- Reviews appointment reservations and communicates with other schedulers on appropriate reservation releases.
- Communicates to the physician offices about special request availability, including pediatric and robotic cases.
- Reviews the future schedule constantly to ensure time and space is utilized appropriately and efficiently.
- Primary responsibility for training new employees and/or for doing on-going training
- On behalf of the manager may be asked to convey information and/or directions to other schedulers or departments.
- Work on changes & improvements to the scheduling modules.
- Troubleshooting problems with Meditech (the scheduling module or contacting someone who can help), the e-fax system, and some of the office equipment.
- May act as the primary contact in their area if the manager is not available. Participates and provides input in staff meetings. Maintains departmental attendance standards as per hospital-wide policy. Maintains confidentiality. Efficient and effective in daily performance, uses time management skills to be a productive member of the department’s team. Follows through with tasks / problems and gives necessary feedback. Promptly investigates and follows up on unusual incidents and communicates with supervisors.
_Knowledge, Skills and Abilities_
Must be able to demonstrate understanding of national patient safety initiatives by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures as required by both HCA and St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
Required: Familiarity with operating room functionsPreferred: Advanced Computer Skills, Medical Terminology Knowledge
_Education and Experience_
Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; Must attend HCA ORM University for complete training in HCA related IT system within one year of hirePreferred: Bachelors Degree in related healthcare field; 2 years of experience implementing or managing scheduling/documenting systems
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Billing Data Analyst - Surgery Department
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08224-63454