HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Emergency Services FSED Supervisor, Nurse in Austin, Texas
The St. David’s Emergency Center in Bastrop is a full-service freestanding emergency department that does not have attached inpatient facilities. This ED serves as an extension of St. David’s South Austin Medical Center. Patients requiring inpatient care will be transported from the freestanding ED to St. David’s South Austin Medical Center.
Features of St. David’s Emergency Center – Bastrop
- 10 exam rooms
- On-site CT scanner; ultrasound; X-ray
- On-site lab for immediate results
- Board certified emergency physicians and trauma-certified nurses
The on-site medical team treats all urgent and emergent medical conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, head and spine injuries, respiratory distress, abdominal pain, dehydration, orthopedic injuries, sports injuries and lacerations that require sutures.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Patient assignments are made according to nurse’s skills, acuity, and staffing availability.
- Delegates to LVNs, and PCTs according to BNEs Rules for Delegation.
- Assigns duties related to quality control: (IE: Hemocult, ACT, crash carts, glucose controls/testing, and narcotic counts, etc..
- Assures daily required check are completed as assigned (IE: Narcotic counts,, glucose controls, crash carts, specialty carts/specialty boxes are stocked/locked, etc.).
- Helps coordinate new staff orientation. May be asked to participate in the performance evaluation of new staff during the orientation period.
- Maintains awareness of patients’ status and current activities of the unit.
- Follows up on errors, complaints, and occurrence reports.
- Helps to resolve concerns of staff, ancillary departments, patients, physicians, and families.
- Acts as clinical resource to staff.
- Designates staff to attend fire drills and follows policies according to all emergency procedure.
- Assists Director/Manager and House Supervisor in the determination of staffing needs which may include calling staff to determine availability.
- Consults with House Supervisor regarding bed assignments, admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Knowledgeable and competency in EKG rhythm strip interpretation and therapeutic interventions.
- Must be able to function as member of the Code/RRT teams.
- Provides input for staff evaluations. Required to assist with the administration/delivery of evaluations and counselings. Provides guidance to float and agency personnel. Completes agency/traveler nurse evaluation as required.’
- Receives and gives report on patients in the unit.
- Functions on behalf of Department Director or Manger in his/her absence.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the unit schedule.
- Participates/completes employee evaluations/counseling as requested/designated.
- Accepts additional responsibilities from Department Director/Manager ( IE: Kronos, counseling, budgetary process, quality improvement activities, etc.).
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA’s and “Patients First” safety initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and procedures. Assures that staff members comply with these initiatives to include: Fall precautions/Isolation precautions/Core Measures, etc.
- Demonstrates ICARE standards/Values at all times. Assure that other staff members are held accountable for adhering to ICARE standards and values at all time.
- Rounds on patients every day and addresses patient/family issues/concerns in timely manner. Assures that staff are maintaining Communication Boards.
- Assures that staff comply with ICARE/SDP initiatives (IE: bedside shift report and Huddles/Roundups, etc.
- Performs Huddles/Roundups at the beginning of each shift
- Completes daily/monthly audits as requested: (IE: Critical Values/Restraints, handwashing audits etc.) and follows up on issues.
- Assure that staff comply with regulatory guidelines and/or hospital initiatives: (IE: Notification OPO/Core measures/environmental rounds.
- Assures that all broken equipment is tagged and work orders submitted for repairs.
- Assures crash carts/speciality equipment/reusable trays are exchanged as is appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
_Position Qualifications:_ * Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. * Registered Nurse license by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners * Minimum five years of critical care experience. * Two years of Charge or Supervisory experience in a critical care setting. * BLS issued by the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider * ACLS issued by the American Heart Association Healthcare Provider * CCRN/PCCN certifications preferred
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Emergency Services FSED Supervisor, Nurse
Location: Texas-Austin-South Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00196-70324