HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Endoscopy Nurse in Austin, Texas
Monday- Friday 5:30 am - 4:00 pm
HCA has been recognized as a/World’s Most Admired Company/in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry byFortune Magazine.The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCAoperates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which meansNO nights, NO weekends, or On-callwill be required.**The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! __
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized knowledge and skills required for the role of the GI nurse in accordance with patient care and regulatory standards of practice.
- Prepares the endoscopy unit adequately and ensures availability of necessary GI equipment and supplies.
- Compiles patient care forms chart to ensure that all required documentation is immediately available (i.e. assessment, consents, H/P, physician orders, etc.).
- Conducts complete patient assessment and evaluation of each patient prior to procedure or treatment. Includes vital signs, history, physical, pain level, and psychological assessment.
- Conducts hemodynamic monitoring as indicated by procedure and policy (vital signs, cardiac monitoring, end tidal monitoring, etc.) from pre-op to discharge.
- Initiates intravenous therapy as indicated, utilizing aseptic technique with appropriate IV catheter and fluid. Ensures that medication is labeled appropriately.
- Assists the physician with interventions as indicated (positioning, preparing specimens, GI tract tattooing, etc.)
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. pre-op antibiotics, identifying high alert medications, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, consistently utilizing the 7 rights before administration, monitoring patient response, narcotic waste, etc.)
- Demonstrates knowledge of administering and monitoring IV conscious sedation medications and recognizes the need for reversal drugs.
- Retrieves tissue for pathology as directed by physician, properly labels, and prepares requisitions for appropriate labs and delivers to appropriate area (i.e. biopsies, CLO test, etc.) and logs specimens, as required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
· Minimum 2 year experience in a GI setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center. · Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices(i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc)
· Active RN license as required by state of employment. · Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment.** **online certification not acceptable. · ACLS required. · PALS as required by facility.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Endoscopy Nurse
Location: Texas-Austin-Austin Endoscopy Center
Requisition ID: 26932-63266