Comcast Engineer 3 quality assurance in Austin, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for validating software solutions in various testing
environments. Contributes to the development of test strategies and the
design of quality assurance practices. Collaborates with other
Engineers to identify, reproduce, and document defects, bugs, or
problems. Maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and
activities. Utilizes clearly defined standards, methods, and
procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision,
accuracy, and reliability of company products. Assists product support
areas in gathering and analyzing data. Has in-depth experience,
knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work
priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Writes and executes tests to validate products and software
- Contributes to the development of Quality Assurance test philosophies
and methodologies. Identifies viable test strategies in order to support
testing product functionality.
- Collaborates with product and development teams to identify product
and technical requirements.
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for
validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product
testability and verification.
- Ensures proper execution of regression test procedures and automated
test suites and scripts. Participates in design, code and functional
- Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or Software Engineers to
identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior-level Quality
Assurance Engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with
regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Supports trials of new infrastructure designs/services.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer