HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Financial Counselor in Austin, Texas
Parallon is one of the country’s largest premier revenue cycle partners, with more than 15,800 employees serving 600 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices. Annually, we collect more than $41 billion and interact with 37 million patients. Our track record of results is among the best in the industry. We serve hospitals, physician practices and healthcare systems by bringing deep operational knowledge and tailored revenue cycle solutions so that providers can focus on fulfilling their mission.
JobSummary– The Financial Counselor isresponsibleforreviewingtheFinancial
Clearance Worklist daily and visiting in-house patients; collecting estimated patient liability amounts; explaining all financial information, responsibilities and working closely with outsideagenciestoensurepatient’sfinancialcoverage.
Supervisor – Patient Access Manager/Supervisor
Duties (included but notlimitedto):
· Follow AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient
· Demonstrates excellent customer service
· In conjunction with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff visit all uninsured patients in-house
· Provide estimates to patients and/or physicians asrequested
· Generate insurance verification and precertification reports daily and follow upwithcasemanagementandinsuranceverificationdepartmentsasappropriate
· Follows all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy.
· Utilizes eligibility systems, on-line websites or phone calls to determine insurance benefits and precertification requirements
· Assist patients with payment arrangements and in co-ordination with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff assists patient with financial applications
· Contact patient employer, if necessary, for verification of employment, premium status, babies being added to policies.
· Escalates any concerns as needed to Patient Access Manager/Supervisor
· Enters appropriate notes for all patient encounters
· Maintain professional image and implement excellent customer service to customers
· Complete financial analysis and collect estimated patient liabilities
· Follow upwithpatientsfornecessarysignaturesiftheywereincompleteattimeofhospitalization
· Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education, including but not limited to, infection control,patientsafety,qualityimprovements,MSDSandOSHAstandards.
· Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
· Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
· Other duties asassignedKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS &ABILITIES
· Communication -communicatesclearlyandconcisely,verballyandinwriting.Thisincludesutilizingproperpunctuation,correct spellingandtheabilitytotranscribeaccurately.
· Customer orientation -establishesandmaintainslong-termcustomerrelationships,buildingtrustandrespectbyconsistentlymeetingandexceedingexpectations
· Interpersonal skills -abletoworkeffectivelywithotheremployees,patientsandexternalparties
· PC skills -demonstratesproficiencyinMicrosoftOfficeapplicationsandothersasrequired
· Policies&Procedures -demonstratesknowledgeandunderstandingoforganizationalpolicies,proceduresandsystems
· Basic skills -demonstratesabilitytoorganize,performandtrackmultipletasksaccuratelyinshorttimeframes,haveabilitytoworkquicklyandaccuratelyinafast-pacedenvironmentwhilemanagingmultipledemands,abilitytoworkbothindependentlyandcollaborativelyasateamplayer,adaptability,analyticalandproblemsolvingabilityandattentiontodetailandabletoperformbasicmathematicalcalculations,balanceandreconcilefigures,punctuateproperly,spellcorrectlyandtranscribeaccurately.
High school diploma orGEDrequired.
#ParallonBCOMParallon/HCA is an equal opportunity workforce and no one shall discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status with respect to any offer, or term or condition, of employment. We make reasonable accommodations to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Financial Counselor
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08949-155284