IBM Front-End Developer in AUSTIN, Texas
IBM Cloud (www.bluemix.net) is the world's premier open platform for cloud software development. IBM Cloud enables software developers to create apps and have them up and running on cloud servers in seconds to minutes, with all the infrastructure standup handled by the platform. IBM Cloud powers web and mobile apps, big data platforms and more. With IBM Cloud, IBM is opening up its entire portfolio of industry-leading products as composable services, creating a mix of start-up-like agility and enterprise-level capability. Here you will work with highly energetic and accomplished team members who are constantly striving to accomplish the mission in changing the world of software development by putting the world's best tools in the hands of every developer. Come and change the world with us.
IBM Cloud is looking for experienced front-end developers to build the next generation of awesomeness for our platform. You will have confidence as a front-end developer, comfort in working with design and engineering in an iterative model to deliver an experience that raises the bar and blends seamlessly into our overall platform experience. You’ll leverage cutting-edge web technologies to continue your skill growth/currency. You will work with other squads in IBM Cloud as a whole in the development & interfacing with offering/product management teams. You will also participate in the broader development community activities such as hackathons.
This position will be based in Austin, TX.
• Creating unified experiences across new and existing service offerings
• Deliver strategic IBM Cloud experiences based on our user’s feedback, competitive analysis, and market roadmap. This could be anything that you see in bluemix.net! Ranging from Building new on-boarding experiences and simplifying common tasks to visualizing access control models for the entire platform to helping our users understand their invoices.
• Helping design a complete cloud model of resources for many functions such as access
• Ensuring automated testing and security needs are addressed
• Working with the Analytics team to ensure we learn from every user experience
• Participate in building common, robust, scalable UI components and libraries
• As required or desired, participate in open source development initiatives
If you feel you possess the skills and experience for success in this role, we would like to hear from you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 1 years experience in UI/UX development using JS/CSS/HTML
At least 1 years experience in coding REST APIs
At least 1 years experience with JSON
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with large system development
Experience with Client Service (microservice) development along with a Demonstrated or Solid understanding of security requirements
Experience in data-driven UX design and analytics
Knowledge and experience in performance analysis and optimization
Exposure to open source communities surrounding Cloud technologies (e.g. Functions)
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related degree
Experience with test-driven development (e.g. Selenium, Jest), to write/support unit, integration, and acceptance/UI tests.
Experience with React, express.js, node.js, webpack, DevOps, Kubernetes, Armada, Docker, etc., is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.