HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Housekeeping Associate (PRN - as needed schedule) in Austin, Texas
St. David's Surgical Hospital, a campus of St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, is a destination surgical hospital specializing in orthopedic, neurological, bariatric, gynecological and urological surgery, among others. Located in North Austin, the facility includes a 146,381-square-foot hospital with 40 inpatient rooms, 10 operating room suites, 11 pre-op bays, 19 post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) bays, a six-bed intensive care unit (ICU), imaging, pharmacy and lab services. __ _The Best is Here - St. David's Healthcare - Austin Texas_
Housekeeping / Environmental Services Tech performs a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the hospital. The primary responsibility of the Housekeeper is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, Housekeepers clean offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas, and any other area that may need attention.
* Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets, restroom, fixtures and showers.
* Replenish paper and plastic products.
* Move furniture, supplies and equipment.
* Hang draperies (to include cubicle and shower curtains).
* Set-up tables and chairs in auditorium or halls.
* Push/pull cleaning cart or flatbed, carry buckets.
* Operate equipment such as vacuum cleaner and telephone.
* Maintain equipment and wear protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations. * May also train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises. Staff/Unit Responsibilities * Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Participates in peer review.
* Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
* Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
* Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
* Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
* Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization * Review programs.
* Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
* Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
* Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
* Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed. Professionalism * Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
* Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
* Attends at least 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
* Demonstrates a supportive/positive attitude toward the hospital and fellow employees – is a positive team member. * Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner. Initiative * Develops specific work plans and due dates.
* Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
* Demonstrates willingness to accept extra assignments * Adjusts to changes, work pressures or different situations without due stress * Demonstrates skill in developing improvement work methods * Effective in cost control and resource utilization
_Benefits_ Full & Part-time positions eligible for benefits Career Growth Medical, Dental and Vision Healthcare Tuition Reimbursement 401K Short & Long Term Disability Life Insurance
Required 10th grade education or higher Must be able to read and write English. Ability to understand and participate in conversational English Ability to read text on pagers
*Preferred * Housekeeping, janitorial or environmental service experience preferred but not required
Job: *Environmental Services
Title: Housekeeping Associate (PRN - as needed schedule)
Location: Texas-Austin-St Davids Surgical Hospital
Requisition ID: 26825-62154