HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Housekeeping Technicians / Janitorial - All Locations - All Shifts in Austin, Texas
St. David’s Medical Center was named among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals byTruven Health Analyticsfrom 2010 to 2016. Truven also named St. David’s Medical Center to the list of 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in 2013, 2015 and 2016. The hospital earned a national distinction for patient safety fromThe Leapfrog Groupfrom 2012 to 2016, and it received the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence fromHealthgradesfor the fifth consecutive year, as well as Healthgrades’ 2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ for the second consecutive year.
Housekeeping / Environmental Services Tech performs a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the hospital. The primary responsibility of the Housekeeper is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, Housekeepers clean offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas, and any other area that may need attention.
* Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floors and carpets, restroom, fixtures and showers.
* Replenish paper and plastic products.
* Move furniture, supplies and equipment.
* Hang draperies (to include cubicle and shower curtains).
* Set-up tables and chairs in auditorium or halls.
* Push/pull cleaning cart or flatbed, carry buckets.
* Operate equipment such as vacuum cleaner and telephone.
* Maintain equipment and wear protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations. * May also train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises. Staff/Unit Responsibilities * Uses resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Participates in peer review.
* Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
* Maintains and develops own professional competencies.
* Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
* Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
* Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization * Review programs.
* Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
* Assists in all aspects of care if in the environment, such as dietary, housekeeping, infection control, and supply and equipment management.
* Attends 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
* Help provide staff to other areas of the hospital when needed. Professionalism * Adheres to dress code, conduct and attendance policies.
* Accepts both positive and negative constructive feedback.
* Attends at least 80% of in-services and departmental meetings.
* Demonstrates a supportive/positive attitude toward the hospital and fellow employees – is a positive team member. * Expresses self in an organized, comprehensive, articulate and concise manner. Initiative * Develops specific work plans and due dates.
* Follows through on planned assignments within assigned timeframes.
* Demonstrates willingness to accept extra assignments * Adjusts to changes, work pressures or different situations without due stress * Demonstrates skill in developing improvement work methods * Effective in cost control and resource utilization
Full & Part-time positions eligible for benefits Career Growth Medical, Dental and Vision Healthcare Tuition Reimbursement 401K Short & Long Term Disability Life Insurance
Required 10th grade education or higher Must be able to read and write English. Ability to understand and participate in conversational English Ability to read text on pagers
*Preferred * Housekeeping, janitorial or environmental service experience preferred but not required
Job: *Environmental Services
Title: Housekeeping Technicians / Janitorial - All Locations - All Shifts
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: SDHC-EVS