HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Hyperbaric Technician (PRN) in Austin, Texas
St. David’s Medical Centeris part of St. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized in 2014 with aMalcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. Founded in 1924, St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care at three locations—St. David’s Medical Center,Heart Hospital of AustinandSt. David’s Georgetown Hospital.
Located in central Austin, St. David’s Medical Center includes a 350-bed acute care hospital and a 64- bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renownedTexas Cardiac Arrhythmia InstituteandSt. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women’s services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region’s largest and most sophisticated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit andThe Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensiveBariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
St. David’s Medical Center was named among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals byTruven Health Analyticsfrom 2010 to 2016. Truven also named St. David’s Medical Center to the list of 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in 2013, 2015 and 2016. The hospital earned a national distinction for patient safety fromThe Leapfrog Groupfrom 2012 to 2016, and it received the 2016 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence fromHealthgradesfor the fifth consecutive year, as well as Healthgrades’ 2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™ for the second consecutive year.
_POSITION SUMMARY_ The Certified Hyperbaric Tech performs diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency functions for neonatal to geriatric aged patients treated in Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Care Management Department.
/Provides care to patients receiving hyperbaric/wound care services - 50%/
· Collaborates daily with appropriate person(s) for patient schedule
· Reviews current patient records prior to treatment (High Risk/High Volume)
· Assists with patient assessment/checklist prior to treatment (High Risk/High Volume) · Participates with physician and Certified Hyperbaric Technician for daily team/patient update
· Assists with wound care (High Risk/High Volume)
/Provides and legibly documents records and reports in compliance with hospital standards and physician orders - 20%/ · Reports admission, treatment and discharge information of all treated patients to involved disciplines within two hours of occurrence · Completes treatment record accurately for each treatment administered before end of shift · Collects data for Performance Improvement monthly reports · Compiles and prepares statistical reports as requested · Submits charges for services before end of shift
/Maintains functional and safe equipment and environment - 15%/
· Accurately completes HBO Safety Check before each treatment (High Risk/High Volume)
· Calibrates instruments to manufacturer specification prior to each use (High Risk/High Volume)
· Maintains par levels of linen and assures its content to be safe for therapeutic use (High Risk/ High Volume)
· Maintains other supplies necessary to provide uninterrupted services
· Maintains work environment clear of impediments for an orderly work flow (High Risk/High Volume)
· Adheres to the organization’s infection control policies when performing patient care related activities (High Risk/High Volume)
· Assists with staff scheduling
/Participates in education of patient and self - 10%/ · Assists with patient orientation according to current procedures for new patients · Completes hospital mandatory educational requirements · Completes unit specific competency requirements
/Performs other duties as required - 5%/ · Participates in committee/task force/process improvement · Prepares new admission chart · Performs Quality Assurance, coding and copying of discharged charts
Preferred:* Certification in a health related specialty (Respiratory Care, EMT, Paramedic or DMT Recommended)
Required:* One year experience in direct patient care and six months in a Hyperbaric setting.
Required:*Current certification from the American Heart Association as a BLS Course C or D provider
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Hyperbaric Technician (PRN)
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06676-63552