HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Day Patient, Cath Lab - Part Time (No Weekends) in Austin, Texas
Heart Hospital of Austinis part ofSt. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with aMalcolm Baldrige National Quality Awardin 2014. Heart Hospital of Austin —home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world—is a 58- bed hospital with a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department, an advanced Executive Wellness Program, five operating rooms (ORs), including two hybrid ORs, three catheterization labs and two electrophysiology labs. It is one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease.Healthgradesawarded Heart Hospital of Austin, in conjunction with its parent campus,St. David’s Medical Center, the 2016 America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™, 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ and the 2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™—a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in the nation were able to achieve. Heart Hospital of Austin has been named one of the Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in the nation byTruven Health Analyticsfor nine years and to Truven's list of 100 Top Hospitals for four years, in conjunction with St. David’s Medical Center. _POSITION SUMMARY_ Under the indirect supervision of the Director of Cardiovascular Services and according to unit and hospital policies and procedures, the registered nurse – day patient is responsible for the admission, preparation, post-procedure care and discharge of patients scheduled in the cardiac cath lab, electrophysiology lab. The day patient nurse is also participates, as part of a multidisciplinary team, in procedures, such as TEEs, cardioversions and tilt-table tests. This professional staff person is responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating the care. The RN works closely with all other healthcare team members to facilitate exceptional care and efficient completion of both diagnostic and interventional studies while promoting optimal unit operations. The RN administers medications and treatments as ordered by physicians and in keeping with the current clinical nursing practice. The RN is responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, the RN works collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care. In addition, the RN performs a range of technical services in a cross-functional mode to comprehensively serve patient needs. Assumes, under the direction of the Laboratory, responsibility for patient specimen testing, quality control, quality improvement, and equipment maintenance.
Day Patient Nurse Responsibilities
* Ability to formulate an individualize plan of care and revise plan by the patient’s response to treatment. Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team Leader, and Physician.
* Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
* Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
* Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Provides direct nursing care for day patients including pre-procedure, intra-procedure and post procedure assessment, monitoring and education.
- Administers Moderate Sedation
- Monitors patient condition pre, intra and post procedure. Responds to and reports changes in patient condition to the physician.
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise plan by the patient’s response to treatment. Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to House Supervisor, Charge Nurse and Physician.
- Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per policy.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
- Provides competent direct care and ensures the provision of a safe and comforting environment resulting in a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Assists healthcare team members in the understanding of hospital policies and procedures.
- Provides education to patients/families/significant others, incorporating age-specific criteria and assessment of readiness to learn.
- Administers medications and completes treatments according to hospital policy and within age-specific parameters.
- Facilitates discharge plan in collaboration with interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to use necessary patient care equipment.
- Coordinates response of the interdisciplinary team to emergency situations.
Staff / Unit Responsibilities
* Delegates appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with job descriptions, license requirements, and standards of practice.
* Utilizes resources in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Participates in developing other staff and affiliating students.
* Maintains and develops own professional competencies. Maintains unit-based competencies.
* Maintains and promotes a team spirit through active cooperation and collaboration.
* Assists in interdepartmental service coordination.
* Actively participates in the Performance Improvement and Utilization Review program. * Assumes a leadership role in the maintenance of the patient-focused care delivery system. * Assists in directing and guiding staff in the coordination of unit operations.
* Supports the multi-skilled worker environment (i.e., cross training). * Ensures that a patient has a signed consent present in the chart prior to procedure. * Performs necessary daily, weekly and monthly checks on emergency equipment
_Experience_ Required: Minimum one year adult, acute care with cardiovascular nursing Preferred: 2 years experience in critical care or procedural area
_Education_ Required: Associates Degree in Nursing Preferred: Bachelor of Nursing Degree
_License & Certification_ Registered Nurse with a current state license. If compact license, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire BLS required upon hire ACLS required upon hire
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Day Patient, Cath Lab - Part Time (No Weekends)
Location: Texas-Austin-Heart Hospital of Austin
Requisition ID: 25960-61953