HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Respiratory Therapist - Nights, Rotating Weekends in Austin, Texas
St. David’s North Austin Medical Centeris part ofSt. David’s HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with aMalcolm Baldrige National Quality Awardin 2014. The 378-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility is dedicated to the highest level of women’s health services, including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacentSt. David’s Women’s Center of Texas. The facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, theTexas Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, heart and vascular center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and outpatient surgery, and acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is also home toSt. David’s Children’s Hospital. In 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, the hospital earned a national distinction for patient safety fromThe Leapfrog Group.
Under the general supervision of the Respiratory Care Supervisor, provides respiratory care services to patients of all ages in accordance with accepted respiratory care practices and established departmental and hospital guidelines.Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
_ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES_
* Prioritizes work appropriately and completes assignments in a timely fashion.
* Completes all required documentation with special attention to detail and accuracy.
* Demonstrates competency in proper airway care including, as applicable: airway suctioning, oral and nasal airway care, cuff pressure monitoring, and extubation.
* Demonstrates competency in the performance of routine patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and interpret respiratory dysfunction.
* Performs quality control procedures, as required.
* Employee’s conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program. * Competency in new procedures is gained in a timely fashion as they are incorporated into the department’s practices. * Other duties as assigned, including periodic assignment as a shift’s Lead Therapist. * Employee’s conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program. * Employee reflects SDH Service Excellence standards in every interaction
_EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE_ Graduate of an American Medical Association accredited Respiratory Therapy program required Previous clinical experience in Respiratory Care Services Computer skills, patient charting and office applications Clinical experience in neonatal respiratory care preferred
_LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES_ Current licensure in Texas as a Respiratory Care Practitioner Credentialed as an RRT by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) BLS certification / ACLS within 6 months of hire NRP and PALS preferred
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Registered Respiratory Therapist - Nights, Rotating Weekends
Location: Texas-Austin-North Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08224-62876