Comcast Software Engineer, Digital Home in Austin, Texas
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Austin, TX. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the new Xfinity Home platform with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer and business partner expectations.
- 3 years of backend software development experience using Java
- Working knowledge of Java and Python
- Experience building, testing, consuming and debugging RESTful web services
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in Engineering (requires 5 years related experience)
Additional Preferred Skills
- Knowledge in several of: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Cassandra, Storm, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, Ansible, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline)
- Familiarity with cloud computing (Lambda, S3, SQS, Hadoop...)
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
- DevOps experience
- Test automation experience
- Document API's, systems, and components using industry standard tools and libraries
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Our Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer