Farmers Insurance Subrogation Claims Representative - Austin, TX in Austin, Texas
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities? Check outfarmers.com/careersand be sure to follow us onInstagramandLinkedIn!
Investigates, determines liability, confirms subrogation potential, establishes fair recoveries and negotiates settlement of subrogation claims.
Essential Job Functions
- Daily maintenance of electronic claims system diary and email.
- The electronic claims systems have diaries for each file in inventory which include actions such as incoming correspondence and documents to review; incoming phone calls; follow-up activities to be completed or deadlines to meet.
- The diaries serve as a daily to-do list for the claims.
- Basic negotiations and negligence discussions with adverse carriers or attorneys.
- Basic connotes limited financial and negotiation authority on claims of minor complexity.
- Evaluate recovery potential on simple loss types and determine quickest method of recovery.
- Maintain knowledge of national, state, and local insurance regulations through continuing education.
- Consults with supervisor, trainer and/or peer mentor regarding negligence evaluations, file strategies, negotiations or other trainings as needed.
When appropriate, proactively reviews and adjusts estimates on subrogation demands from other carriers, negotiates settlement of claims with other carriers.
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Prior insurance or related experience preferred
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Subrogation Claims Representative - Austin, TX
Requisition ID: 2000005Q