HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Telemetry Nurse Extern in Austin, Texas
Located in central Austin, St. David’s Medical Center includes a 350-bed acute care hospital and a 64- bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women’s services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region’s largest and most sophisticated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
TheNURSE EXTERN//provides quality care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse, in accordance with the vision, mission, values and goals of St. David’s Healthcare. Under the supervision and/or discretion of a Registered Nurse, theNURSE EXTERN//performs various activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients and performs advanced technical nursing procedures and services/within the parameters of the State Board of Nurse Examiners delegation rules/and in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures.TheNURSE EXTERNassists in maintaining a clean, well-organized and adequately stocked patient care area.
_Knowledge, Skills & Abilities_
- Requires tact and diplomacy in dealing with patients, physicians, support staff and the general public.
- Works autonomously and with supervision.
- Interfaces directly with public, physicians, staff, patients, administration and ancillary/support department representatives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of, and adherence to, the principles of patient privacy and security of protected health information.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate understanding of St. David’s Service Excellence initiatives and philosophy
- Anticipates/responds quickly to customer needs/concerns
- Keeps customers informed
- Keeps commitments to coworkers and customers
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct
- Conduct reflects the company’s values
- Displays a positive attitude
- Cooperative, open, receptive, approachable, flexible
- Ability to move weight in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance from other staff.
- Knowledge of infection control procedures.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Maintains a clean, well-organized and adequately stocked patient care unit.
- Performs clerical work to assist in overall functioning of the unit.
_Education_ Required: * Currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing. A student classification form signed by the school shall be submitted with the application, if requested by St. David’s Healthcare. * Successful completion of the basic fundamental nursing courses and be able to perform the fundamental skills learned in the 1stsemester of nursing school. Must have signed nursing school initial skills checklist and verification of appropriate competencies. * In good standing as a student within the school of nursing. A nursing student that fails a nursing course that causes the loss of eligibility to remain in the school of nursing, loses eligibility to remain in the NURSE EXTERN status. The individual has the opportunity (if available) to transfer into a different position that he or she is qualified and eligible for. * Must complete nursing school within 2 years of hire or will lose eligibility to remain in the NURSE EXTERN status * The Nurse Extern position will terminate within 90 days upon graduation from nursing school. Based on position availability, the Nurse Extern can then transfer into a different position that he / she is qualified and eligible for. *License / Certification* Required:Current certification in BLS that meets AHA BLS Course C or D provider standards. Preferred:CNA license *Experience* Preferred:Volunteer or experience in an acute care hospital setting. Age specific knowledge of patient population in the clinical area selected. //
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Telemetry Nurse Extern
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06676-70336