Shell Territory Manager in Bangalore, India, India
No. of Positions:
As Territory Manager you are responsible for managing the relationship between Shell and Dealer at site level, ensuring consistent delivery of the Shell Customer Commitment.
1) Identify gaps in all aspects of site performance (including service and 'people') for geographical area and mandate, advice or offer Dealers Shell-recommended tools, processes and support to help them to profitably deliver the Customer Commitment at the Retail site and to develop the business for the mutual benefit of both the Dealer and Shell.
2) Maximizing all sales development potential whilst protecting Shell's interests, through the coaching and motivating of Dealers.
3) Manage and maintain positive Dealer relationships, supporting Dealers to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counseling to under performing sites).
4) Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans.
5) Ensure Dealers implement all areas of the Customer Commitment and ensure compliance with the Site Operations/HSSE standards, contracts and manuals.
6) Manage and maintain a territory plan (in conjunction with the Network team) through planned renewals/renegotiations and acquiring new sites thruogh prospecting.
7) Play a leading role in implementing the local retail strategy in order to secure the best possible network coverage while maximising the shareholder interests
8) Ensuring that Dealers' actions do not damage Shell's Reputation.
9) Ensuring that the Dealer trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of people in delivering the Customer Commitment.
- Ensure consistent delivery of Customer Commitment by managing contract compliance using the Territory Manager Site Review (TMSR).
Coach, support and advice Dealers using the appropriate tools (thereby closing any identified gaps to the Customer Commitment)
Manage Dealer Screening and Dealer Induction processes
Ensuring that the Dealer trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of People in delivering the Customer Commitment, sharing and coaching on Shell tools and processes as appropriate
Negotiate Fuels Business System and Dealer Value Proposition within the Retailer Supply Agreement framework
Manage renewal, disposal and new business as directed by Network within Territory
Develop and maintain a strong HSSE culture within geographical area
Deliver agreed HSSE targets for geographical area
Protect Shell's interest by ensuring that all HSSE standards and procedural compliance are adhered to and stakeholder relationships are managed pro-actively
Plan and conduct site visits in accordance with Call Planning Cycle tool
Provide counseling to Dealers on cost efficiency and site profitability
Implementation and ongoing support of Marketing and Network initiatives
Ensure volume growth according to T&R, achieve C3 targets
Manager 15-18 sites in the state of Assam by 2019 end. Currently 6 operational sites.
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bangalore - Retail Office
Demonstration of the aspired Shell Group and Retail One behaviors (External Focus, Commercial Mindset, Delivery, Speed and Simplicity) and core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People)
Strong team member of sales and cross functional teams with excellent communication skills
Good understanding of Retail business
Demonstrable competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with Shell Dealers and Retailers, delivering Retail CVP.
Selling and Negotiating
Applying Customer Value Proposition
Commercial & Economic Acumen
Value Chain Understanding
Managing Customer Experience
Retail Site Operations
City, State (if applicable):