Chenega Corporation HVAC Journeyman in Batavia, New York
CHENEGA FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, LLC
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning Mechanic
SCA WD Labor Category:
Heating, Ventilation & Air-Conditioning Mechanic
Homeland Security Clearance
Batavia, New York
CBA, Non-Exempt, Full Time,
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Summary:TheHVAC Journeymanmaintains, repairs refrigeration, air conditioning, and water cooling equipment, boilers, HVAC and associated physical plant equipment. The HRAC Journeyman inspect, repair, replace, and perform maintenance on HVAC systems to ensure they remain in a fully operational condition. Installs services and repairs environmental-control systems in office buildings and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position):
· Provide all maintenance and repair of of all heating, ventilating, air conditioning systems and related energy management systems.
· Operate, maintain and repair air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
· Operate, maintain and repair pumps, handling brines, or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system
· Maintain proper operation during seasonal changes and recalibrate controls based on seasonal conditions to ensure energy efficient operation.
· Operate, maintain, and repair heating systems, boiler control systems to meet manufacturer's specifications.
· Diagnosis repair needs and performs corrective measures to include mechanical, plumbing and electrical functions.
· Maintains records for equipment and daily logs.
· Performs preventive maintenance, diagnosis and repair on conventional air conditioning systems, freezers, refrigeration and associated physical plant equipment.
· Maintains, repairs and replaces thermostatic expansion and pressure limited devices and valves, motors, compressors, starters, thermostats, piping, coils boiler burners, and other assorted HVAC system controls and components.
· Traces electrical circuits, installs and repairs time clocks and regulatory controls and makes minor repairs to electrical circuit breakers and motor controls.
· Performs related work assigned or required, such as balancing capacities and loads of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment; laying out and/or making estimates for repairs and new installations; ordering parts and equipment.
· Performs work as required to repair or replace plumbing system components, roof and area drains, door systems, and other general components of buildings.
· Supports the development of a refrigerant management plan to meet contract requirements
· Operate, repair, and maintain cooling towers
· Operate, repair, and maintain the steam systems, heat exchangers, and the high temperature hot water systems.
· Perform daily water field tests for open HVAC loops for pH, TDS, conductivity, corrosion inhibitor concentration, and concentration of biocides. Results shall be entered daily into the on-line system provided by the Government, and paper records maintained on site.
· Maintain building temperature during occupied hours to comply with ASHRAE Standard 55-2013, Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy.
· Adjust cooling, heating, reheating, preheating, and humidity to control environmental conditions required by the equipment served by these systems.
· Maintains, diagnoses, test, overhaul, install, and repair a variety of refrigeration, dehumidification, AC, ventilation, and heating systems.
· Mount compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications.
· Fabricate, assemble and install ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment
· Replace filters, belts, and adjusts temperatures for environmental control
· Install evaporator unit in chassis or in air duct system, using hand tools
· Cut and bend tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools
· Cuts and threads pipe, using machine or hand threading equipment
· Join tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant
· Install expansion and discharge valves in circuit. Connect motors, compressors, temperature / humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source
· Install air and water filters in completed installations
· Inject nitrogen in compressor to test systems and add freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure
· Test joints and connections for gas leaks, using leak testers and soap solution
· Wrap pipes in insulation and secures them in place
· Replace defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using electrician’s hand tools and test equipment
· Observe pressure and vacuum gauges and adjust controls to insure proper operation
· Must wear and use all required personal protective equipment (PPE), such as safety glasses, safety shoes, ear plugs, hardhat, etc.
· Operate, repair, and maintain compressed air systems
· Ensures work orders when complete are properly filled out and returned to work management
· Supports the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
· This position has been designated as Mission Critical. Mission Critical personnel are defined as those required to meet the Installation’s safety (including inclement weather for snow and ice control) and security needs during lockdown conditions.
· This position may be part of an emergency management/response team as required by the company to meet contract requirements.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· High School diploma or GED
· Journeyman certificate or equivalent and a minimum of four (4) years’ experience at the Journeyman HVAC level
· Universal CFC
· Valid State driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Possess good organization and communication skills, as well as maturity and ability to deal with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
· Knowledge of various types of air conditioning equipment (split systems, wall a/c units, vav systems, etc.)
· Skilled with pressure gauges, scales, recover equipment, torch sets, brazing equipment and materials
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Facilities Management
Title: HVAC Journeyman
Location: New York-Batavia
Requisition ID: 1800003556