KeyBank Personal Banker - Batavia in Batavia, New York
Personal Banker - BataviainBatavia, NYatKey Bank- Branch
Date Posted: 8/3/2020
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 69 Main Street Batavia, NY
Date Posted: 8/3/2020
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Key, we have the opportunity to bring ease value and expertise to our clients by helping them have confidence and the peace of mind to dream big.
As a Personal Banker you will report to the Branch Manager. Responsible for acquiring new consumer and small business clients, to expand relationships with existing clients and help clients achieve confidence in their financial wellness. Develops a comprehensive understanding of client needs by utilizing the Financial Wellness Guide. Serves as a proactive member of the Retail branch team by being an initial sales and service contact for new and existing clients, both at the sales desk and across the teller line. Key s branch culture is to be cross functional, utilizing time on the teller line as opportunities to identify and build deeper relationships with our clients. Effectively manages existing clients/book of business to support the retention and growth of profitable client relationships through sales of deposit, loan and investment products (with appropriate licensing). Recommends products and services to help the client achieve financial goals and the team to achieve business goals. Identifies and resolves complex client service issues. Recognizes complex product and financial services opportunities and refers to appropriate sales professionals in Retail, Investment Services, Mortgage, Business Banking, and Private Banking. Meets or exceeds established Teamwork & Accountability goals, and production expectations while maintaining strict adherence to risk and operational policies. Serves as a backup to the Branch Manager when the Branch Manager is unavailable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Personal Banker through execution of the Branch Playbook and Financial Wellness Reviews, helps clients achieve their Financial Goals. The Personal Banker also provides sales and service support to the Retail branch team. Personal Bankers and all Branch team members are expected to act professionally at all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest and act in the best interest our clients and Key
Primary Personal Banker Functions
• Consistently executes on Key s Branch Playbook and seeks opportunities to deliver distinctive client service with each interaction
• Establishes preset appointments, delivers quality Financial Wellness Review conversations, identifies needs, makes recommendations and follow s up
• Provides financial solutions to clients to help them achieve their goals. Solutions could involve; payments, deposit, loan and investment products (with appropriate licensing)
• Develops strong partnerships with Operations Leaders, Financial Advisors, Mortgage Advisors, Small Business colleagues and other line of business partners focusing on client acquisition and deepening the relationship of current clients; effectively manages internal and external Centers of Influence (COIs)
• Supports acquisition of new clients and growth of current book of business by contacting and following up on system generated leads identified through the Client Experience (CE) Desktop (Key s branch platform system); documents activities by using the call report feature in the Desktop
• Supports the branch in growing a profitable book of business to achieve individual and team goals
• Provides sales and service assistance to all clients
• Develops and maintains broad knowledge of products and services to appropriately support client needs
• Ensures compliance with operational, security and audit procedures and policies
• Participates in and occasionally facilitates daily branch huddles
• Participates in special projects, campaigns and assignments as requested
• Assists with coaching and training tellers and other branch professionals as needed
• Accurately process all financial service transactions
• Identifies and resolves complex client service opportunities
• Completes and maintenances electronic client profiles using Key s technology such as the Client Experience (CE) Desktop
• Maintains and calls on a client book of business
• Assists on the Teller platform with new and existing clients of the bank with account transitions, maintaining responsibility for a cash drawer and following proper balancing procedures. Takes opportunities identified on the teller line to deepen and expand client relationship
Key's application process for Personal Banker position(s) require that you complete our Skill Match Survey. The Skill Match Survey can be taken via computer or mobile device and will take 20-30 minutes to complete. After completing the application, you will be prompted to take the Skill Match Survey.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
• 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources
• Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses, including tele-consulting, outside calling, prospecting and networking
• Demonstrated experience with influencing business partners, as this role will require significant influence of partners such as Key Investment Services, Mortgage and Business Banking sales professionals
• Demonstrated ability to build and leverage Centers of Influence (COIs) to further promote business
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Working knowledge of PC (MS Windows and Office Products including Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to work branch hours to include weekends and occasional evenings
• Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls
• Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent lifting of 1 – 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Note: Employees in this position are required to comply with all rules and regulations of The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (The SAFE Act). Employees hired or transferring into this position will need to meet the qualification requirements, in Key's sole discretion, under Reg. Z, prior to acting as a loan originator in a consumer credit transaction secured by a dwelling. Qualification requirements include but are not limited to an assessment of overall financial responsibility, character, and general fitness through review of a criminal background check, credit report, and information about any administrative, civil, or criminal findings by any government jurisdiction.
• Undergraduate degree in business related field
• Sales experience in banking, financial, or insurance industry
• Possesses a general understanding of operations (risk, compliance, fraud, loss)
• Cash handling experience
• Working knowledge of Branch Teller Workstation
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.