IBM Senior User Interface Developer in BATON ROUGE, Louisiana
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
IBM Baton Rouge Client Innovation Center is seeking User Interface Developers who will be responsible for:
· Review, Evaluate, and Validate technical requirement
· Experience with angular/react technologies
· Work with Product Owners and other team members to translate the requirements into final deliverables
· Understand Storyboards, Wireframes, Visual mockups, and other Media elements
· Understand and Utilize the latest tools, technologies, and trends in both Web and E-Learning development
· Ensure the deliverables meet IBM standards, and guidelines
· Responsible for designing, coding and modifying web pages that are focused on education content within the standards, guidelines and requirements
· Work with Product Owners, Stakeholders and other team members as appropriate
· Understand and Utilize the tools and technologies being used
· Work with the SMEs to understand the requirements… as and when appropriate
· Work with PM / IM to keep on track with the project plan, timeline and billing
· Work with Learning Experience Designers to understand the storyboards and requirements
· Work with Visual Designers to gather wireframes, Visual Mockups, graphics, audio, video and other UI elements
· Work with Quality Assurance (QA) team to get the product tested, address any issues
· Work with the Test & Publication team to get it hosted in an appropriate hosting environment
Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is 100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Sponsorship opportunities do not exist for this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 6 years' overall IT experience
At least 3 years’ experience in Angular and React technologies
At least 3 years’ experience in HTML
At least 3 years’ experience in CSS
Ability to Travel up to 50%
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
At least 8 years relevant work experience
At least 2 years experience in Java
At least 2 years experience in Python
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.