Northwell Health Interventional Radiology Technologist (SO) in Bay Shore, New York
Req Number 001RVL
Job Category Radiologic
As an Interventional Radiology Technologist you will provide support to the physician performing Interventional Radiology diagnostic procedures. Prepare sterile trays and ensures all instruments and equipment are functional and available. Perform special procedures involving the injection of intravenous. Partner with physicians and nurses and has responsibility for emergency call.
• Performs a variety of duties to prepare unit for interventional radiologic procedures or other invasive as well as non-invasive procedures.
• Prepares sterile trays for invasive procedures.
• Ensures all instrumentation/equipment for each procedure is presented on the table in the established fashion.
• Prepares and monitors patient during invasive diagnostic procedures.
• Admits patient by entering data into computer (RIS) Radiology Information system and (PACS) Picture Archiving and Communication system.
• Ensures patients are correctly prepped and draped in a sterile fashion.
• Responds to patient’s questions alleviating concerns regarding procedure.
• Prepares and adjusts the contrast injector in accordance with technical and safety standards.
• Recognizes and promptly reports motor abnormalities by the patient including: fainting, discoloration, contrast reactions, etc. to Radiologist.
• Performs various duties during catheterization procedures.
• Monitors patient during procedure, (i.e., blood pressure, chest pain and administration of oxygen).
• Collects all pertinent diagnostic data and all necessary calculations for physician’s interpretation of results.
• Sets- up the angiojet system for declotting.
• Assists in the Radiology Diagnostic emergencies effectively.
• Assists in handling emergencies until physician takes over.
• Interacts with health care team appropriately.
• Operates all equipment properly in a reliable manner, per departmental standards, complying with all safety guidelines/policies.
• Performs the duties of a Radiology Technologist, as needed.
• Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technology Program, required.
• New York State Department of Health licensure as a Radiologic Technologist, required.
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Registered Technologist (R.T.) required. ARRT registration in an Interventional Technology modality, preferred.
• Previous experience as a Radiologic Technologist, required.
• BCLS required and ACLS preferred.
• Knowledge and skills 5NQ (Inventory Management System).
• Knowledge of ultrasound technique for vascular survey.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.