Northwell Health Pharmacy Technician- Days (Southside Pharmacy Vivo) in Bay Shore, New York
Req Number 001L7D
Job Category Nursing Support
Assists in the preparation of medications. Assists in maintaining records and reports. Maintains sufficient inventories at workstations.
1. Assists Registered Pharmacist in the non-professional (non-judgmental) aspects of preparing and dispensing medication.
Fills,packages, labels and stocks medications.
Fills bottlesor other package forms with measured amount of medication eithermanually or mechanically.
Labelscontainers of drugs according to department specification, eithermanually or mechanically.
Fillsmedication orders in outpatient area.
Responsiblefor extemporaneous medication packaging, as required.
2. Assists Registered Pharmacist in maintaining a variety of records and reports.
Maintainsrecords for medication in outpatient area.
Assists in themaintenance of statistics and records for all medication orders.
Enters ordersinto computer system.
3. Maintains sufficient inventory at workstations in Pharmacy.
Transportsrequired pharmacy material, as necessary.
Receives andmaintains records of stock and inventory control.
Assists inmaterial control by maintaining records and inventories.
Maintainsplacement of sufficient daily inventory of supplies.
4. Operates point-of-sale cash register system according to department policies while ensuring positive customer experience.
5. Interacts with customers and healthcare providers (or P harmacy B enefit M anagers) to help facilitate the filling of prescriptions, handle/resolve rejections, and obtain prior authorization which will expedite prescriptions into the workflow.
6. Complies with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) mandates and self-imposed manufacturer restrictions on particular drugs, as applicable including Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs and manufacturer limited distribution drug requirements.
7. Performs related duties, as required.
REQUIREDEXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
· Graduate of a recognized Pharmacy Technician Training Program, required.
· Minimum of two (2) years related experience as a Pharmacy Technician including retail pharmacy with a computerized system within the last three (3) years, required.
· Ability to learn computerized retail pharmacy system.
· Strong communications skills, required.
· Bilingual, preferred.