Northwell Health Respiratory Therapist (Registered) in Bay Shore, New York
Req Number 001V48
Job Category Pulmonary
Responsible for evaluating patients through diagnostic tests and performing therapeutic modalities as prescribed by Physician for treatment of pulmonary disorders.
- Performs Non-Critical Care procedures per established respiratory therapy protocols, including:
• Evaluation and assessment of patient.
• Pulmonary function testing
• Arterial blood gas sampling, analysis and quality control.
- Performs Non-Critical Care treatments including:
• Medical gas therapy
• Delivery of Inhaled medication
• Aerosol therapy
• Bronchial Hygiene therapy
• Airway management and maintenance
- Performs Critical Care procedures and treatments including:
• Non-invasive BIPAP
• Endotracheal Intubation
• Ventilator management
Cleans, assembles and distributes supplies and equipment.
Performs related duties, as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Completion of an accredited two (2) or four (4) year AMA approved respiratory therapist program, required.
• Current NYS Respiratory Therapist license, required.
• Registration from the National Board of Respiratory Care, required.