Penske Manager - Information Technology in Beachwood, Ohio
Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. This position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today. We are committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more about our company approach on our main company career page Gopenske.com.
Manage a team of IT professionals focused on designing, implementing, and administering IT policies, technologies, solutions, and processes to meet the needs of the business and customer requirements. Designs and implements an IT strategy to meet corporate information, technology requirements, business objectives, and government regulatory requirements. Develops metrics to gauge effectiveness of the processes, systems or applications. Provides managerial and technical guidance for assigned logistics technology projects in complex environments. Works with functional teams to gather feedback on technology requirements that improve processes and support critical business strategies and ensure processes are meeting the business demands and customer needs.
Leadership Focus Areas:
• Proven leadership skills, able to influence both at the tactical and strategic levels.
• Able to maintain solid relationships evenly within the organization.
• Can drive solutions that meet fast pace business objectives with both short term and long term goals in mind.
• Performs well supporting both legacy and future technologies.
• Capable to harden technology base to support 7 * 24 global processing.
• Committed to solid IT practices like project management, incident management, time management, financials, vendor relations and licensing methods.
Technical Focus Areas:
• Track record in a wide range of technologies:
-Development frameworks; preferred both .Net and Java.
-Middleware; preferred webMethods, MQ, Attunity etc.
-Mobile – preferred Android and J2ME.
-Application and user security.
-Responsible for enterprise wide core components and services
• Solid understanding of tech stack compositions and development processes:
-Experience with software development lifecycle methodologies.
-Knowledge of virtualization, clustering and load balancing techniques.
-Proficiency in cross system integration techniques.
-Familiarity in Oracle and MS SQL development.
-Background in local failover and disaster recovery processes a plus.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• 10-20 years related technology experience; preferably in logistics or supply chain
• Prior supervisory/management experience a must
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics or Logistics preferred, Bachelors required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Skills expected in team development, personal evaluations, managing timelines and work plans, presentations and recommendations.
• Associate is expected to excel in decision-making, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Must have demonstrated business acumen and be political savvy.
• Monitors and understands leading practices and industry trends and make recommendations to business partners as appropriate.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies
around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 3000 Auburn Dr Beachwood, OH 44122
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Beachwood
Job: Information Technology
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Information Technology
Req ID: 2003699
- Penske Jobs