IBM Data Consultant-Data Governance in Beijing, China
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Data Governance Consultant will lead or participate a Data Governance related project, to ensure on-time, quality delivery of the project. This is a senior level position where proven strong leadership ability, problem solving skills, communication skills and client expectation management experiences are to be demonstrated.
Basic Selection Criteria:
· 10+ years banking experience with practical work in business needs analysis or data processing;
· 3+ project experience as PM or lead consultant with Data Governance related projects;
· Works with a team to deliver excellence of Data Governance projects.
· Based on client requirement, adopts appropriate Data Governance methodology, envisions, plans, and supports solution implementation, providing guidance during the whole process.
· Leads to develop high quality project deliverables.
· Leads and facilitates communication with client, including interview, workshop, and reporting presentation.
· Works with internal teams, in a self-directed manner, throughout the project lifecycle.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Bachelor Degree or above in computer science/EE/Mathematics/Statistics.
· Master one or more Data Governance methodology, including Data Standard, Data Quality, Data Model, Metadata, Master Data, etc.
· 8+ years of consulting and implementation services experience, 3+ years of Data Governance related projects experience.
· Data warehouse, BI and data analytics project experience would be plus.
· Deep knowledge of finance and banking industry business, familiar with banking applications and data.
· Good communication and presentation skill, capability of independent work under pressure.
· Active learning, customer oriented and problem solving thinking mode.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs