Shell ER Account Manager in Beijing, China
ER Account Manager
No. of Positions:
Creative Solutions is a dynamic team based at the heart of Shell’s Brand Centre of Excellence. We are an internal creative business, responsible for the creation of a wide range of creative assets and projects – from the delivery of our iconic “Make the Future” festivals around the world to the production of world-class films, digital, social and print content for a huge variety of channels. We strive for effective, clutter-smashing creativity in everything we do, at the forefront of new and innovative developments in the disciplines we cover. Our mission is to deliver creative solutions which help our Shell partners to succeed in their Business and/or Function around the world. To achieve this sustainably, we need the best creative talent available.
The creative industry and digital landscape is rapidly evolving, and Shell is on the front foot of navigating this new reality. Our unique way of working in Creative Solutions brings fresh external insights into our internal setting, disrupting the game to provide dynamic and innovative content. Joining Creative Solutions will provide you with the opportunity to be part of a team able to take any creative brief and transform it into something truly special that is the best the market can offer, at a competitive price. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow as part of a collaborative global team. We offer varied and exciting global and local projects, across a wide range of disciplines.
As a Country Account Manager you will responsible for overseeing every aspect of the communications activities managed through Creative Solutions in your geography. You will be a trusted partner and key business liaison, counselling them on developing branded content which helps deliver against their business/function strategy. You will be required to deliver exemplary levels of stakeholder management, working directly with the country chairs, senior managers and ER/IC partners translating business priorities and communications objectives into world-class creative briefs. This will include valuable help on annual planning and budget setting. For extra rigour, you will help them input into our project management tool – Project Central.
Ultimately, you will be a hands-on Account Manager, delivering some of our top tier projects, constantly consulting with the Global Discipline Leads to leverage agencies, suppliers, trends, innovations and techniques. Once your projects are live, you will be the primary business liaison, responsible for approvals, providing direction to the Creative Solutions Project Managers, helping to ensure projects are on track. You will also provide guidance on projects at all levels, at times directing work to and through pre-vetted relevant agencies and/or the in-house Content Engine when required.
Working in a diverse creative environment, you will be the principal owner of a vast collection of projects ranging from fully integrated marketing campaigns, events, exhibitions and film through to social and digital content in the business or function you are supporting.
• You have a proven track record of proactively developing and nurturing relationships with the clients you are managing.
• You will need excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
• You will be personally involved, ensuring sharp briefs are crafted and aligned with the Business or Function you support.
• You will bring sound planning, with clear roadmaps and budgets to allow the business to deliver against its goals.
• You will build confidence and enable the business and functions you support to deliver truly great work.
• You are a sound judge of creative work, able to logically argue the case for or against, based on the brief and factual accuracy.
• You will manage the input of all projects handled through your portfolio into Project Central.
• You should live the vision and values of Creative Solutions, continually driving functional excellence and promoting the services and benefits of Creative Solutions.
• You will manage the input of all projects handled through your brand portfolio into project central.
• Indirect management of a team of contractors supporting Creative Solutions.
• Budget management in country.
• You will be required to develop in depth knowledge of Shell’s strategic priorities, challenges and narratives in country.
• Principle owner of projects with an individual value of up to $4m.
• Indirectly manage multiple concurrent projects ranging in complexity.
• Provide sound advice to the business and functions you are supporting on all creative solutions projects managed through Creative Solutions and its agency partners.
• Manage a large portfolio of business units ensuring high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
• Actively search for positive growth opportunities within the brand portfolios you support.
• Senior Stakeholder Management and collaboration across local and global teams.
• Leverage collaborative relationships within the wider Account Management teams across the globe.
• Delivering against the Business development targets set by Regional Creative Solutions Manager.
Auto req ID:
Country of Work Location:
Shell's story in China dates back more than 100 years. At Shell China we will make sure that your ideas will travel. We need world-class candidates to continue our drive to innovate and answer the world’s energy needs in socially and environmentally responsible ways. All of Shell’s core businesses are now represented in China. Upstream (oil and gas exploration and liquefied natural gas), Downstream (Oil Products and Chemicals) and our Projects and Technology organisation (Shell Global Solutions and Coal Gasification).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• 7 years of marketing experience in a client-side or agency role with experience in content development, including end-to-end campaign development and management.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills across all levels.
• Experience delivering multiple projects of all sizes and complexity.
• Ability to manage projects across a wide range of channels e.g. Digital, Social, Film, Events and Exhibitions, Design and Photography.
• The role will require some travel - up to 10%.
• Budget management, controlling whole project budgets ensuring savings.
• Third party and supplier management (such as creative agencies).
• Delivering to strict deadlines and difficult timeframes.
• The ability to think strategically about how we can add value.
City, State (if applicable):
- Shell Jobs